Chapter One: Arrival

Edit: I was just cleaning up the spacing. Nothing in the chapter changed.

~Third Person Point of View~    

"Who's that?" Eren asks while rubbing his wrists. He was just released from his restraints that Oluo put on a little too tight.

       Petra rolls her eyes. "You've heard of the Princess of the Scouts, right?"

       "You mean F/N L/N?" Eren replies. "Of course I have. She's the youngest captain in the Scout Regiment!" His teal eyes sparkle like a kid walking to the tree on Christmas morning.

       "We worked with her squad on a couple missions," Gunther says. Petra scoffs. "You could say that Petra's not her biggest fan."

       "What? Why not?" Eren's jaw unhinges.

       Jinn leans down and whispers in his ear. "Petra has a thing for the captain, but the captain seemed to favor Y/N."

       "Seriously? Who would ever like...?" Jinn's hand covers Eren's mouth before he can say another word.

Petra shoots the both of them a nasty look. She looks up, over their heads to where Captain Levi stands in the open window of his office looking at the six incoming horses and small wagon on the horizon.

~Reader's Point of View~

       The castle comes into view, finally. It's been a long journey from Utopia District to here. The announcement of the temporary suspension of the Scout Regiment missions came only yesterday morning along with a letter from Commander Erwin summoning all squads to the old headquarters.

Approaching the massive stone building I see four familiar faces of Levi's squad and one new recruit. The familiar glare of the only female in the Special Operations Squad greets me.

Before my feet hit the ground Zoe Hange comes running at me from inside the old castle.

"Y/N!" She screeches nearly tackling me to the ground. "I'm so happy you're finally here!"

"Zoe," I choke through her impressively strong hug. "I'm very excited to see you as well, but I can't breathe." Each word is a struggle to get out.

       She pulls back, the goofiest smile plastered on her lips. "How long has it been?"

       "I have no concept of time anymore," I laugh. "It would have to have been when our squads worked together with Levi Squad two-ish years ago right?"

       "I thought I came by to see you in Utopia," she muses. "Oh who cares! You're here now!"

       "I am and in desperate need of a bath," I smile. "Petra dear, would you mind helping Helaina with my trunk and draw a bath for me?"

       With an eye roll she walks over to help my squad member unload the midsized black leather trunk from the wagon. I watch them walk through the arched doorway before turning to the rest of Levi Squad.

       "Now, who might you be?" I address the teal eyed boy with dark chocolate brown hair.

       "Cadet Eren Yeager ma'am," he says with a hearty salute, right fist against his chest with the left firmly behind his back.

       My E/C eyes widen a size and a half. I look at Hange for confirmation. "The Eren Jaeger? The one that can turn into a Titan? No shit!" I grab his hand. "You should join me and Zoe for a bottle of wine in the library. Be a dear and go down to cellar to fetch a bottle of red and a bottle of white. Then meet us in the library."