Chapter Five: The Truth

I wait quietly on the couch, listening to the sounds of Levi preparing tea in the kitchen. My cheek still stings and Phillip's warning rings in my ears, "This isn't over, Y/N."

"Here." Levi places a white teacup down in front of me. He takes a seat next to me and takes a sip from his own cup. "Look at me."

I'm so shocked by the sudden command that I follow his order without thinking about it. I'm taken aback once again the moment his fingers brush my cheek. Suddenly, the lingering sensation from Phillip's hand is replaced by the warmth emanating from Levi's gentle touch. I know I'm not imagining it, my whole face must be as red as a rose.

I cover his hand with mine, keeping it in place. His hand is so soft. Before I know what I'm doing, tears are streaming down my face. He places his teacup down and removes his hand from my face, opting to wrap his arm around my shoulder. He pulls me towards him, allowing me to rest my head in his lap.

       "Tell me," Levi says, his hand runs over my hair over and over again. "I want to know the truth. Why did you call off your engagement? After the display today, I can't help but think that your true reason for leaving was his abusive nature."

       I sniffle and sit up, leaning forward on my hands, rather close to the captain's face. "Levi," I breathe. I notice how soft his lips look from this close. "You're right, that he used to hit me when we were together but that wasn't anything I couldn't handle. But I... I left him for... you."

His eyes widen and look down at my own lips. "Y-Y/N? Are you saying...?"

I sit back on my heels and cover my mouth. Oh my god. I can't believe... What am I saying?

He grabs my wrists, pulling my hands away from my mouth. "Say it again," he demands.

"What?"

His hands cup my face. "Say. It. Again. Say it fully and don't stutter. Say it again." His grey eyes search mine desperately.

       Levi has never been associated with the the word desperation since before I met him.

I bring my lips to his in the heat of the moment. "Levi, I love you. It's always been you. I left Phillip for you."

~ Levi's Point of View ~

Her kiss catches me off guard but her words... her words reverberate inside my chest. It feels like I'm seeing her for the very first time.

       I lose my composure and hungrily crash my mouth against hers once again. I find myself nipping at her bottom lip and doing things I only ever imagined when I felt lonely.

Pulling back, I do my best to steady my breathing and calm my racing heart but my words get the best of me. "I can't tell you how long I've wanted to do that or how long I've loved you."

She smiles softly. "You could have fooled me. I thought I would die with a love unrequited. I thought that you saw me as nothing more than an obnoxious brat."

"Tch, of course I still think of you as a brat but you're mine," I sigh and take her hands in mine. I try to think of when I became so cold towards her. I know I was afraid of losing her on the expedition when she almost lost to a Titan. Then when she became a captain and moved away, I thought my feelings would die off. By the time I saw her again, the word of her engagement had already reached my ears and the time spent away from her only solidified the feelings I had for her. I had to suppress what I felt and in order to do that I had to sever any emotion attached to Y/N. It's clear that it didn't work out as I intended.

       "Does that make you mine?" Her voice is quiet but full of hope as she uses her thumb to trace light circles on the back of my hand.

       Once again, her words take my breath away. "I think that I've been yours since I first laid eyes on you. It just took a while to come to fruition."

       Our lips meet once again but it's short lived.

       "Finally!" Four-eyes shouts as she bursts through the door.

       Erwin chuckles as he follows her— uninvited— into my private quarters. "We can celebrate the two of them later, I mean, we've waited for them to get together for three years. However, we just received word from the counsel. I'll need the two of you to meet me and the other captains in the library right away."

       With that they leave, closing the door behind them. 

~ Reader's Point of View ~

       Levi rises to his feet abruptly and smoothes out his uniform. It's just like him to stay in uniform even when we are on suspension, although I wish to see him in his civilian clothes— the way his black and grey shirts cling to his torso, putting his amazing physique on display. As he walks to the door my eyes fall to the way his pants fit him perfectly.

       "Are you waiting for an engraved invitation? Or did that man do more than just superficial damage when he laid his hands on you?" He walks over and once again inspects my cheek. "Once we finish with this meeting we will need to wash any remnants of his touch from you. For future reference, know that I will never allow another man to touch you. I dislike things that are precious to me to be sullied by others. Don't be fooled, you are not a thing but you are most precious to me."

       He says such lovely things but his tone is so clipped. Typical of the man I love.

       "Now, am I going to have to carry you or are you going to use your legs?" He reaches out his hand.

       Although we've declared our love for each other, we walk side-by-side without touching each other. For the time being, I think we can both agree on keeping our new relationship under wraps. Remaining professional when we aren't in private.

A/N: As I stated in Bakugo X Reader, I'm not a fan of fast moving relationships but considering Y/N and Levi have known each other personally since she left the training corps when she was 19 and now she's 22 I wouldn't say it's a "fast moving relationship". Besides, when I'm writing I don't really think too far ahead and I just let the story shape itself for the most part. There are a few things I have planned out but they generally happen at their own pace. I don't believe in forcing a story lol. I hope you enjoy. I'm already starting on the next chapter. Love all you lovely babes. xoxo- Sayori Kaede