· December 1 ·

"Y/N Beckett's new September album Lines has been number one since its first week of release and no artist has come close to taking her throne!" Wanda squeals and throws a hand up in celebration. "Should I keep reading?" She stops to look at me, but doesn't wait for my reply. "Yes! I should as your best friend and coproducer I have to know!" She squeals again and brings the magazine to her face. "According to SPS Beckett is currently number two on the best selling album of 2018. Beating both Cardi B and Nick I Minaj...ooh yikes drama." She stops and rolls her eyes. "Alright daily mail give them a common enemy why don't you?" She scoffs and turns to me.

"What?" I ask. "Is there something on my face?"

She jumps closer to me and lands both her hands on both sides of my chair. "Where were you a year ago?"

"Uh.... touring with Khalid?" I answer with a hesitant tone.

Wrong! You were touring as Khalid's opening act. Not WITH him." She makes a buzzer sound and I pull back from her aggressiveness. "Wrong you were, but also yay for you!"

"You're giving me mixed signals...." I push her back slightly and catch my reflection in the mirror.

"I am?" Her head quirks to an angle and she grins not a second later. "Speaking of mixed signals... Y/N Beckett single and ready to mingle?" She holds up another article and I'm plastered with what seems to be me walking beside a stranger. "Who is that?" Wanda points at the man repeatedly stabbing the picture with her manicured finger.

"I don't know, the sidewalk is a public place that we share it with the community!" I retort. "Stop reading those articles now. You know how much I hate them."

She groans as I snatch it from her and throw it across the hotel room. "Where's Wayne?"

"He went to buy lunch!" Wanda answers.

I narrow my eyes at her and ask, "aren't you supposed to be buying lunch and Wayne protecting me?"

"It's 2018! Why don't you uber eats?!" Wanda throws her hands up and picks my phone up from the couch.

"I just need to focus on writing a song for the New Year's Eve Ball Drop, I can't really bother with dropping my location to a stranger." I roll my eyes snatch my phone away from her, just as she walls past me. " needs this song by tomorrow!" I open the Mic app on my phone and press the red record button.

"Didn't you meet... what's her name in New York?"

"I don't know who your talking about." I stop the recording and reset it. "Shhh I'm writing a song!" I hush her up again, but she's quick to ignore my glare.

"Jean! Jean Grey!" Wanda claps excitedly. "What ever happened to Jean? I liked her."

"She had a thing for older men!" I smack my forehead and groan dramatically.

"Alright, alright let's not get cranky. She gave you the college experience!"

"I'm sorry the what?" Wanda sighs in a dreamlike manner and answers without a beat. "Explore! She made you ask questions about yourself! It ain't a college experience unless your body count includes the same sex! Am I straight, am I a little gay for her?"

"Which I was," I scowl before continuing. "Until she broke my heart."

"Yes, but Jean made you learn a little more about yourself!"

"Yes, and that I'm bi and I need to be Bi-myself right now."

"Oh c'mon! Give a little thanks to Jean, I'm sure you wouldn't have gotten an experience like that one at NYU!" Wanda hums happily.

"If I had an ounce of considering putting my musical career to a halt and going to college before this conversation you threw it away. Congratulations." She snorts and gives me a playful shove.

"Sorry, all I know about college is what Pietro's snapchat tells me!" Wanda shrugs unapologetically.

"Enough said, now leave me alone. I have an idea."

"Ooh, I love when you get all bossy on me." She fakes a purr-like noise and pulls a chair up on the piano beside me. "Lets get the party goin!"

"Please don't ever say that again."