• December 31 •

Welcome to New York
Taylor Swift

"I-I can't go out there." My eyes sting and my hands shake at my side, and I'm bouncing on my toes ready to run away. "Too many people! They aren't here for me! Their here for Shawn Mendes, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift! Them not me!" Wanda stands across from me, her aura different from my own. Calmer. Confident.

"Did Taylor win Female artist of the year?" Wanda asked me, I shook my head. "Exactly. Who did she proudly hand that award to?"

"M-me." I stutter in response.

"Who did Shawn invite to his next concert?"

"Me."

"And Ed? Didn't he want you to help him write a song."

"He did."

"Damn right he did! And you know what?" She rests her hands on both my shoulders to stop my bouncing. "You have a place on that stage with them. You earned that place, just as much as they did. People want to see YOU out there." Wanda smiles and pulls me into a tight hug. Hers were always the best.

"I'm so proud of you Y/N. Go kick some ass." Without another thought she pushes me forward out onto the stage and the crowd goes wild at the sight of me. Little ol' Y/N with a microphone, and for some unexplainable reason it's all I need.

"New York!" I scream into the Mic and the response is breathtaking. I tossed the Mic back and forth from one hand to the other the widest grin on my face.

I've seen so many artist on stage screaming the same things to the crowd and now it was my turn. "New York let me here you make some noise!" I cue the band behind me to start the familiar beat.

[Start the Song]

"Walkin' through a crowd, the village is a glow
Kaleidoscope of loud heartbeats under coats!" I jumped around on the stage, feeling the familiar rush of   adrenaline.

Wanda smiles from the sideline dancing along with me.

"I could dance to this beat, beat forevermore
The lights are so bright but they never blind me, me
Welcome to New York
It's been waitin' for you
Welcome to New York!"

[Peter Parker]

"Dude I want a poster of her on my wall!" Ned bounced around in the crowd excitedly yelling at his best friend and mixing the lyrics to the Song into his sentences.

"Dude! You're too old to be fangirling!" Peter shouted back.

Ned gasped and placed a hand over his chest where his heart beating to the base. "How welcome to dare you New York!"

Peter rolled his eyes in return and chuckled. "How welcome to dare you New York?"

"Shut up! I'm having the time of my life. I mean our lives right MJ? Right Mj? MJ! MJ! MJ AM I RIGHT?!" He shook the dancing girls arm beside him and Michelle Jones herself turned her head so fast and glared at Ned it could have killed him right there.

"NED I AM HAVING A SACRED MOMENT IF YOU TOUCH ME AGAIN I WILL HURT YOU."

Ned peels his hand away from her arm and turns back to his best friend! "That was a prime example of fangirling! Thank you Peter for having the best internship ever!!" He lays both hands on his best friends shoulders and shakes him excitedly.

"When we first dropped our bags on apartment floors
Took our broken hearts, put them in a drawer
Everybody here was someone else before
And you can want who you want
Boys and boys and girls and girl." The duo gasps loudly and start to jump up and down again.

"So you think-"

"That she's talking about her and JEAN GREY?!!" MJ SCREAMS

"OMG! OMG!" NED STARTS to fans his face and dance along again.

"But you know you wouldn't change anything, anything, anything
Welcome to New York"

"Mr. Stark said there was an after party!" This stops MJ and Ned and causes them to abruptly turn and lean towards Peter. "Uh... guys back up."

"What party Peter?"

"A.... New year's party? All I know is I'm supposed to bring-"

"Us!" MJ cuts in. "Bring us!"

"Whoa, I don't know about that!" Peter chuckles nervously. "Mr. Stark-"

"Peter I'm just gonna say this, for the sake of our friendship." Ned sighs and looks at Peter with a serious look, although the vibe Oeter felt was anything but. "Mr. Stark wants you to be a teenager for once in your life and let loose."

"I don't know guys, I could get in a lot of trouble!"

"Peter." MJ places her hand on Peter's unoccupied shoulder and looks him dead in the eye. "If ENews is telling the truth about Tony Stark's parties, the hottest stars are going to be there. Y/ N Beckett is going to be there. Are you really going to make my future kids miss out on the chance of having the best god mother? Are you Peter?" She narrows her eyes and leans threatingly closer. "I know you like her Peter. I've seen your bubble bath playlist."

"Hey! That's private." Peter sighs and removes his best friends hands away from his shoulder. "If- If! I sneak you guys into the party you cannot be weird about it!"

MJ and Ned share a look and shrug. "Weird? Pfft. Weird how?" MJ shrugs casually.

"I wanna hear you guys sing!" Y/N Beckett points the Mic back towards the large crowd and Ned and MJ squeal and start to sing again at the top of their lungs. "WELCOME TO NEW YORK!"

The lights are so bright but, they never blind me.

Welcome to New York

Welcome to New York