· January 1 ·

There's glitter on the floor after the party.
Girls carrying their shoes down in the lobby
Candle wax and Polaroids on the hardwood floor
You and me from the night before.

There's giggling from outside that wakes me first. I suspected that the hotel walls were thin and I reached up to curl the pillow around my head to block out the noise. Instead my hands hit bony shoulders. "Ten more minutes May." The grumble is unexpected and I jump back, a scream stuck in my throat from shock.

Beside me is a boy, barely a man. His body started to lean as mine was previously supporting him. I'm guessing my head was resting on his shoulder.

"Wake up. Wake up." I hiss. He slept like the dead so I placed my hands on his shoulders and shook him awake. "Wake up!"

"Wha-what." His eyes shot open and he's scrambling in the small space. "Wh-why is there glitter all over the floor. All over me?" He hasn't looked up once, still turning his hands staring at the large amounts of glitter.

"Shhh." I shush him and he's quick to retort.

"Hey! Don't shush me. Who are you anyw-" his eyes widen once they meet mine. "Your-you're Y/N Beckett!"

"Shhh!" I place my hand over his mouth and give him a hard glare. "I don't know where we are, so you're gonna need to quiet down." I whisper harshly.

He nods and I slowly peel my hand from his mouth. "We're in Tony Stark's penthouse." He whispers back. His voice much softer this time.

"What the hell happened?" She rubbed her head and let it fall back against the wall.

The strangers eyes widen and he starts to answer. "You arrived-"

· 2:32 AM | January 1, 2019 ·

"Y/N!" Shuri smile widens as I walk through the front door. "I'm so glad you could make it." She gives me a knowing squeeze in her hug letting me know that she knew this was the last place I wanted to be. "Your performance was amazing." She beams proudly.

"Thank you Shuri." I smile gratefully. Shuri's small gesture made parties a little better. Knowing that she had my back anytime made the awkward party conversation worth it.

"Can someone get my girl a drink?" Shuri asked one of her many bodyguards.

"Shu-"I laugh and shake my head. "It's okay guys, no need." But they didn't listen to me. They listened to Shuri and one of them leaves to fetch me something to drink.

"So what do you think?" She asks, gesturing around the room.

"What?"

"The party Y/N!" She shakes her head and laughs.

"I can't believe Tony threw a party for the first time since his band broke up." I shrug. "I really thought the Avengers were going to stick."

"And who says they aren't working on it?" T'challa appears from nowhere and smiles.

"T!" I laugh and give him a hug. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you too!" He chuckles. "You were wonderful tonight." His compliment leaves me red. It's always nice to get a compliment from someone as inspring as him. "I should let you mingle. Stark is dying to see you. He was just impressed as I was Y/N, if not more."

"Thank you T." He nods and gives me one last hug before walking back to his Fiance.

"He means it." Shirk nudges me, and I give her a confused look. "The compliment. He values your music. There's truth in your words. He respects that. He wants you to help the Avengers mend their relationship."

"Really?" I squeal like a fangirl and wave my hands in my face. I told Shuri that Avengers inspired me to step out of my comfort zone and become the person I wanted to be. "Is it hot in here?"

"No." Shuri chuckles and shakes her head. "If you need to step out go ahead." I nod gratefully and make my way towards the elevator. Bumping into people and being congratulated and some asked for a photograph. Even famous people fangirled over each other.

I finally let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I step into the empty elevator. I'm sure going down a floor wouldn't be so bad they're may even be an open balcony.

I press the button for the floor below and it's a short trip before the doors are sliding open again and I'm stepping out.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Shit. Paparazzi snuck in. No doubt waiting for their chance to sneak uostairs and join the party.

The elevator doors already closed behind me and the flashing lights were becoming too bright. My eye catches a tiny gap between three photographers and I make a break for it in heels. I turn a corner and chuck my heels off before making another run for it when I hear their voices coming closer.

I became so side tracked trying to find a turn back to the elevators I missed the warm body in front of me before colliding. Shit!

"Whoa! Miss are you okay?" I scramble to my feet and turn my head from left to right trying to find something anything.

"Quick help the paparazzis are following me! Luckily I spot a janitor's door and pull the stranger along. If we were to be seen running around together the tabloids would be going crazy.

"C'mon!" I shut the door gently behind us and it's then I get a look at him. He was short, but still a bit taller than myself. He had a boyish look and his eyes were shining. "Whoa- are you-" I clamp a hand over his mouth and nod frantically.

"Yes! Yes! Grammy winner, female artist of the year, blah blah blah!" I hiss. "None of that's important right now!" I whisper. "Think of something quick!"

"What am just supposed to do?! You led them here. I'm just trying to find my friends." He whispers back.

It's then that I hear them outside the door getting closer. "Quick kiss me!" I pull him closer and even the darkness can't cover the redness of his face.

"What?! That's why they're chasing you in the first place." He argues.

"They think I'm running away in heels. They won't suspect a couple of teenagers making out." I explain. "You cover me just enough I can't be seen."

"Hey- that's actually a good plan." He nods impressed.

"Yeah no duh. Now kiss me! Public display of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Yeah, you think?!" He rolls his eyes once more then dips down to press his lips against my own just in time for someone to open and close the door without question.

The stranger pulls away, keeping his forehead pressed against my own. "That- that worked."