Chapter 4

The next day went by pretty fast. It was really just a blur. I stayed in my room and watched TV all day, coming out every few hours to get something to eat or use the bathroom. It wasn't until about 12:30am when I realized I had been in my room so long. I changed clothes and started getting ready to go to bed.

Just then, my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but I assumed it was Emily. Before I could even get the word "Hello" out of my mouth, I heard a small, frantic voice.

"Quentin? Quentin is that you? I'm so sorry I caused you all this trouble and-"

I cut her off.

"Emily do you have any idea what time it is? Shouldn't you be asleep? And didn't they take all your belongings at the ER?"

"They called my grandma yesterday and she picked me earlier. I just got home and I needed to hear your voice it makes me feel okay."

I was speechless. I've never made anyone feel that way before.

"Emily I-"

"Quentin can I see you?" she interrupted.

"Well, school's out tomorrow so we could do something I guess," I answered.

"No Quentin I mean right now."

"Emily it's almost 1am, I can't just leave, I got in trouble for coming home late last night and-"

"Please. Quentin, I just want to be with you right now."

"Okay, okay, what's you're address? I'll come get you."

"1765 Birchwood. See you in a few, Quentin."

She hung up before I could say anything.