4

"You need to tell him to make sure it doesn't escalate. I'll come with you." I look worried and shake my head. I hear my muffled ringtone and scramble around, trying to find my mobile. "Lucy" appears on the screen. "How the hell have you got her number? I thought you didn't like her." Tannar asks, suspicious. "I don't, it wasn't me that added it." I answer the phone. "H-Hello?" "Watch where you step, I'm coming for you." The line goes dead and I drop the phone on the floor, staring into space. My head starts to spin and I fall.
---
I open my eyes and I see someone beside me on the floor, holding my hand with his and using his phone with the other, unaware I'm awake. Music is playing in the background and I can hear a voice singing along. That's a girl's voice. "Oh hey, sweetie. How are you feeling?" I look at this person confused, who is he? Why is there a child next to him? "You okay?" The voice asks again. A sharp pain shoots through my head and I black out again.
---
"Emily, can you hear me?" I'm in a funny place I've never seen before. I let out a small gasp when I realise who is stood beside me. "You're L-Lazarbeam!" He nods and smiles. "Yes, I am the majestic beam." "Why have you come to see me?" I question, "and who's that?" I say, pointing at the small child in his arms. "This is your little baby, Mia. She's two months old." I nod, confused. "I have a baby?" I didn't know I have someone to take care of. This is news to me. Lazarbeam nods. "Yeah. She's a cute little thing, isn't she?" I agree. Looking at the baby and Lazarbeam, who I now know as Lannan, makes me wonder. "I think you'd be a good dad." I whisper, smiling at the pair. "Well, I already am. This little beauty here, she's my daughter as well as yours." "We h-had a baby?" I ask, surprised at this statement. Lannan nods and shows me a picture of when I was pregnant.
---
"This is your favourite drink," Lannan's sister said, handing me a hot beverage. I take a sip of the drink and nod. "It's not too bad, I guess." I say, handing her the drink back. "So we have some bad news," the nurse tells us. "Your memory is 75% gone, you will have to learn most things again. I can help you with that. Is there anything you know at the moment?" I point to Tannar, then Mia then Lannan. I hear a sigh of relief. "I'm tired." I say and lay my head back on the pillow. Tannar takes Mia for a walk and leaves me and Lannan alone. He sits beside me on my hospital bed and throws an arm around my shoulder.
-
(A/N: this probably never happens but I just wanted to throw in a curve ball.)
-