9

Me and the girls are with Lannan, whilst Mia has gone to stay with Jarred and Bodhi for the night. We're all on the sofa with blankets and snacks, ready for our movie to start. I feel a kick from the baby and jump slightly, letting out a small groan. "Crikey, Eacott. Keep it down in there!" I whisper, hoping the girls don't catch on. Jesy looks at me with a confused look, she points to my tummy. I nod. "Five months to go, Jess." I say and smile.
---
"Food is ready!" I shout into the front room. I plate up food for everyone and sit at the table. Lannan sits to my left and Jade to my right. I reach my hand under the table in the hope it finds Lannan's. It takes a few tries, but soon enough he links his hand to mine. "It's alright now, baby I got the cure" my phone starts ringing. Leigh gets to it before I do, asking who's speaking. She hands me the phone and I sit down.
-
Mum: it's Jamie, he's gone, our baby's gone. She starts to sob.
Me: he's d-dead? I ask, choking back tears.
Mum: yeah. a few hours ago. I'm so sorry, baby.
-
I hang up the phone and place it back in Leigh's hand. I sigh and put my head in my hands, silently sobbing. I feel various arms around me, one of which is Jesy's. "I'm sorry babe," she says, rubbing my shoulder. I see Lannan in the corner, his eyes stained red from evidential crying. I lift Jess' arm from around me and go over to him, armed with a blanket. He pulls me into his chest, the blanket wrapped around us both. "It's gonna be okay, we need to be strong. It's what he would have wanted." I nod slightly and sigh, pulling Lannan's arm over my shoulder. The girls get their stuff together and leave, so me and Lannan can have some peace and quiet.
---
"How do you want to decorate this cake?" Lachlan asks me. Him, Elliot and Lannan have made up after their argument. "I wanna decorate it for my little boy, Jamie. He nods and hands me a range of piping bags, with various colours in. I trace out the power symbol that's used in Lachy's merch and pipe out "Jamie, I love you" around it. I feel a hand on my shoulder, so I look around and see Elliot stood next to me. We smile a little at each other, then I lay my head on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay, I promise it will be okay." Elliot tells me. "Thank you." I reply, choking back tears. "Do you want to throw water balloons at the guys?" Kath asks me, pointing to Cray, Brodey, Lannan, Lachlan and Elliot. I try not to laugh as I have one prepared behind my back. "I love seeing that smile of yours." Lannan tells me. I throw the balloon at him, he ducks and it hits Cray in the face. "Oh shit," I say as I run away, giggling.