Three ♡

Hi hey hello so small thing, I've been really busy with school n' stuff and meant to do something for Halloween since it's my favourite holiday but that didn't happen because I had a bunch of tests around that time (also because I didn't really think people cared all that much about this book so I didn't put much effort into remembering to update,,) but!! I will try to update around Christmas so that y'all get some remotely festive chapters.

TW!!: Talking about the fire at Jake's party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N's point of view)

Halloween came and went in a blur. There were some parties. One or two invites to said parties had come along which I ended up declining, not wanting to break my tradition of staying home all by myself, scaring myself half to death with horror movies and bingeing a bunch of candy.

Despite my self-pity for not getting out of the house and not putting myself out there, this is one of the cases where I was actually happy that I was avoiding social interaction.

Why, you may be asking yourself? Well, a massive group chat appeared in my inbox thing one day, one that included nearly everyone in our school. I was curious of course because I tend to go unnoticed, also I wanted to know how the creators of this group chat got a hold of my phone number.

I scrolled through the seemingly never ending texts, all based around one thing: fire.

As I continued to scroll little bits and pieces of different stories started to pop out at me, all based around fire and the name Richard Goranski.

Everyone was saying something different, some said he died, some say that he burned down a house at a party, some say that he completely destroyed a town with that fire, the list goes on of insane and gory stories, and as I finally got to the top, a message from Jenna Rolan read "Hey guys! Sorry to bother you, but this is a group chat to remember Rich. In case you haven't heard, he died in a tragic fire at Jake's Halloween party. Rest in peace bud. Gone but never forgotten. </3"

Following, a text from Brooke Lohst read:
"He's not dead though??"

Chloe Valentine:
"Yeah babe, I think you're right."

And from there arguments about what happened broke out, along with people fighting over group chat names and adding others.

I decided to write something out of respect for the people involved as that must've been terrifying.

(Y/n) (Y/l/n)
"Holy shit, this is awful.. I hope that everyone who got hurt in the fire gets better. ❤️"

After pressing send, I read through some more versions of what had happened, trying to wrap my head around everything. Sadly that didn't happen. Nobody actually knew what happened.

My phone had buzzed with a new message, from the one and only Michael Mell.

Michael:
Hey. Listen, I know we haven't hung out outside of school but I'm in desperate need of a person. What do you say? (Btw we can chill at that 7/11 down the street from school if you want)

(Y/n):
'Course!
Wait, right now?

Michael:
Right now.