Four ♡

Okay hi! Hello, so this book has been getting a lot of attention lately and it just makes me so happy getting notifications of votes, comments, people putting this book into their reading lists. I cant even begin to describe how happy I am that people are reading my stuff?? So, this is just a small thank you. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Michael's POV)

I'd already been at the 7/11, and in fact, I had been for hours, just trying to get my mind off of that stupid fucking party. Unfortunately, all my happy place did was remind me of Jeremy. Just another betrayal.

So I called up (Y/n), hoping he could possibly cheer me up with his dorky and peppy self.

I waited for a good five minutes, sitting on the floor of a back corner of the store, slurping a cherry slushie and stewing in my own sadness, up until I heard a familiar voice yell out, "The colour red is overrated!!"

"No the hell it is not (Y/l/n)!!" I yelled back.

He plopped himself down beside me, "Found ya."

"Gosh darn. What a shame."
"Oh yeah, I know right? Totally not like you invited me here or something."
"Yep. Totally didn't do that. And I'm totally not gonna thank you for coming because I'm totally not in a bad place right now."
"And I'm totally not gonna tell you that I care about you and am here for you. Also I'm totally not gonna give you a hug."

Would ya look at that? He did give me a hug. I obviously hugged back, and then burst out into tears.

He rubbed my back, telling me that he was here to listen, so I let it all spill out. Everything about Jeremy, the panic attack, the fire, how alone I felt.

He didn't get up and walk away, didn't try to look at my face, he just sat there listening to me while I was sobbing in his arms.

Then I decided to do something dumb.

I pulled away from the hug, looked at his beautiful and kind face for a few seconds before kissing him.

He hesitantly kissed back before pulling away and looking down, and after what seemed like forever, he spoke, "I'm sorry. I.. you.. I don't think this.. would be a good idea.. you're.. you're uh- I.. I like you so much.. but I don't think you're thinking straight right now.. after all of this clears up, I can guarantee you won't feel the same for me. I hope we can.. uh.. push past this..? Please..? I don't want to lose you, Michael."

"Oh. Yeah. Okay. Of course. Listen, I should probably go. My moms are probably worried about me." I said as I stood up and began walking away.

"Oh.. bye, then." His voice broke, and from that alone I could tell he was about to cry. I had to get out of there. I couldn't bear to see him cry and know that I'm the one who caused his sadness. As I was speed-walking away, I'd made another one of my famous dumb decisions, and that was looking back at him. And now, because of that decisions, all I can recall of that night was (Y/n)'s heartbroken face.