Chapter four

A/N
Omg. I actually did it. I DID IT. IT'S FINALLY HERE. My lazy hands finally did something. After two months I wrote this chapter. But before you start reading it I just want to say... 2,95K????!!!!!!! LIKE, SERIOUSLY. I COULDN'T EVEN IMAGINED THAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
And now when I'm done screaming like an idiot let's go back to the story. Enjoy ^-^

He sat alone looking out the window. The sunset in Dreamtale painted his room in brown and orange colors. Calm aura of the evening surrounded Dream as he was lost in his thoughts. He could faintly hear voices coming from the meeting room not far from here. Again the meeting. More screams, more plans, more problems. Dream was tired of it all and decided to rest in his room, just to think about the events that happened not so long ago. With each day he became more and more interested in one specific skeleton. Error. He hasn't seen him in a long time. The Destroyer became too fast for the Star Sanses to even see him in AU. And that was a little suspicious. But the last incident with Error just stuck in Dream's mind. The spectrum of different emotions that he felt that day shocked him. And the fact that all of them were negative only got him more upset. Dream spent a couple of evenings thinking about it. Error is a killer. He is a Destroyer. He can't feel that way. Right?

Well, let's leave that topic for now. There was also one more thing in his mind. He noticed it a while ago. The way Blue looked at Error that day... with pity and guilt. But why? What the dark skeleton did to him? Blue started to change after he returned from the Anti-Void. He also refused to fight. Little ball af joy became more distant from all of them... even his own brother. Blue doesn't smile anymore. His eyes lost excitement and hope. Dream could feel it.

The God of Positivity rubbed his temples trying to get rid of the headache. All this is going to make him crazy. Dream slowly opened his eyes. He didn't even notice that he closed them. He saw that the sun was already gone. Night was slowly taking over the land. Was he thinking for that long? 'Maybe the meeting is over?' Thought Dream but he immediately got an answer as he heard familiar shouts. 'Well, might as well take a little walk.' With a sigh Dream stood up and walked out of his room in the long hallway.

Despite the fact that it was almost nighttime his castle was bright. Not even the most hidden corner held the darkness. That atmosphere gave Dream the feeling of comfort. But also imposed the old memories. How he was playing and laughing while chasing his brother. Dream felt a strong feeling in his soul. A hand went to his chest. 'I miss you Nighty...'

Suddenly the sound of footsteps brought Dream back to reality. Turning around he saw a figure that slowly was coming closer to him. Blueberry. His head was lowered. Dark shadow covered half of his face and didn't give Dream a chance to see his eyes. He walked slowly, without any awareness of his surroundings, lost in his little world.

Dream just stood at one spot and didn't make any noise. He just watched as the little skeleton came close and closer, until he finally bumped into him. Blueberry's eyes immediately went to the person that blocked his way. "Oh! Sorry Dream. I didn't see you." The other just looked at him with confusion. "Are you okay?" Once again Blueberry's gaze went to the floor, his expression darkened. "I'm fine." Was his short answer. 'Something is definitely wrong.' Dream was getting more worried about his friend. He never saw Blue act like that. Also this strange negative aura that was radiating from him...

"Anyway, I didn't expect to see you here. I thought you would be at the meeting with everyone else... by Ink's side." Blue whispered the last part but it was loud enough for Dream to hear. And it didn't sound in a friendly way, rather with disappointment. Let's just say that his words slightly upset Dream. "Oh! Well I was a little tired so I decided to rest in my room. Just to clear my mind you know..." There was something that Dream didn't say. Of course Blueberry noticed but ignored that fact. He already had to much in his plate nor wanted to ask more questions and cheer someone up. Doesn't sound like him huh?
"In that case I should leave. I don't want to disturb your rest." Blueberry turned around and started to walk away. But a hand stopped him. Little skeleton with confusion looked at his friend. "S-sorry... I just wanted to ask you something." Said Dream taking his hand back and to his chest, rubbing it nervously with another one. "Ok I'm listening." Once again Blue faced Dream and patiently waited. "I-it's about Error. Can you... tell me more about him." Blueberry's expression darkened. "We talked about that Dream. I already told you and Ink everything I knew." "We both know that it is not true." Bright skeleton looked away as his hand went back to sides. There was an awkward pause for a couple of seconds... "What happened to you Blue... What did he do to you..." Those sentences weren't questions, more like statements. "Now I have a question for you Dream. Do you miss your brother?" Prince of Positivity perked his head at this. "Yeah..." "Do you still believe in Nightmare?" "Of course!" Shouted Dream.

"Then why can't you believe in Error?"

With shock Dream stared at Blueberry. Not even a sound slipped out of his mouth. With disappointment little skeleton looked up. "That's what I thought." He roughly turned around. "You're as blind as everyone else." And just like that he stormed off. Out of Dream sight.

Dream returned to his room. In deep thought he sat at the bed and with sting in his chest laid down. 'I need to sleep' And with that he closed his eyes.

Darkness. That was all he could see. 'What is happening?' He could not move... he could not see... he could not hear. Isolation. But then... faint sounds in the distance. His name? Slowly opening his eyes he saw a figure. And not one. They all were similar to him but only one was the most clear. It's them. They are shouting his name. Suddenly he felt something... pain. He fell to his knees. Was he standing before? Pure agony overwhelmed him... and he screamed. Screamed as loud as he could. But it was just a whisper in his head. Some of the blurry figures were holding him down... Again this voice. And now it was as clear as lightning...

"DAD!!!"

P

aper Jam?

Error shot up from his position. Heavily breathing he looked around. Strange he neve saw this place before. "Well hello there slipping beauty." Turning to the side Error saw a dark skeleton. "Nightmare?" He asked with confusion. "The one and only." The other answered with a grin on his face. His one eye shining with blue magic in the dim light of this place. "Where are we?" "It's your lucky day Error. Welcome to the Dreamscape." Nightmare spread his hands and bowed a little in a mocking manner. The Destroyer looked at him for a couple of minutes. "WHAT THE HELL NIGHTMARE?!" Error was now standing before his 'friend' and almost burning him with his angry glance. "Wow. Rude. I actually brought you here to help and escape your own nightmare and talk but okay." "Wait so I am sleeping?" Glitching skeleton looked at his hands. 'More like passed out' And it was true. With all his speed and with all magic that he used he was exhausted. That was the most logical explanation to why he was sleeping. But what Nightmare wanted from him. "So... I'm here. What you wanted to talk about?" Asked Error with bored expression crossing his arms on his chest. Nightmare immediately became serious.

"I saw your dream..."

With unamused eyes Error looked at him. "It's not a joke... You were dying." From Nightmare's body language you could say that he was nervous and concerned for Destroyer. "I know you felt it too." Error looked away visibly uncomfortable. "It wasn't just a regular nightmare." "What is your point here," Impatiently said Error. With a heavy sigh Nightmare closed his eyes. He was sure that the black skeleton perfectly knew what he meant here. But with his stubbornness...
"Error this kid is going to be the death of you." Anger boiled inside of Destroyer. "Shut up..." Nightmare growled. His tentacles sharpened from distress of their owner. "Fine! But you will remember my words." Silence fell between the skeletons. They both calmed down and now were peacefully sitting on the floor of Dreamscape. "Just please Error be more careful." Finally one of them spoke. Black skeleton turned his gaze at Nightmare looking right at his blue eye. "We care about you." A light chuckle rang through the infinite space. "Alright. I'll be as careful as I can be." Nightmare sighed with relief. Well that was all he could get from Error. And that was enough. "I think it's time to leave. For both of us." Said dark skeleton raising from his seat. "Yeah. I guess so." "See you on the other side buddy." They gave each other a little smile before disappearing with the click of Nightmare's fingers.

But little did they know. That there was a figure standing at the distance.
Listening.

Weeeellllll, let's guess who the mystery person is. I'm waiting for your propositions.