Two

Two

The first session with the team was mentally exhausting for me. With most of the students not trusting me as their coach I had a hard time getting them to show me what they were capable of.

But after a quick chat with Ryan in his office. He made it abundantly clear that they wouldn't affect my position as their new coach. Unless I really gave him a reason to fire me and look for someone else.

After the session ended, I was surprised to be invited to a pub with Jenny. She managed to give me the full tour of the academy. I saw the football stadium, basketball courts and even the gym which was stocked with the latest and most advanced equipment.

I was looking forward to spending a lot of time there when I wasn't working.

Jacob ended up tagging along with us for obvious reasons. Him and Jenny were very close and even though it seemed like she hated his guts, there was somewhat of a connection between them.

The idiot cheated on her but after months of him begging for her back he finally was allowed back into the zone of Jenny. But Jenny was all work and no play. From what I've seen so far of Jacob he seemed to be the type of guy who enjoyed a challenge.

Cheating is never okay but it was only a kiss, he told me with another girl at a party. She was willing to forgive him which was admirable.

But I'm glad she's giving him a hard time. It is actually enjoyable to watch.

" So you always wanted to be a coach, never wanted to do the Olympics route" Jacob asked me as he drove us to the pub.

I ended up telling them about my life. Jacob was strong with his questions. Which I didn't mind.

" not entirely. I did see myself as a professional but I realised I enjoyed supporting my teammates more than actually competing" which is true, I was always their coach. Second to Mikey, the head coach of our team.

I was always captain and spent most of my time coaching everyone when I wasn't training or competing.

" I get that sometimes," Jenny says, leaning back in her seat.

Jenny is the captain of the team. So she can relate to me the most.

I'm more glad than anything because that means I'll be speaking to her about a lot of things rather than the others. It would be nice to have the captain of the team on board with how I wanted to run things.

Jacob parked up not far from the pub we were going to. He paid for the parking and walked with us. The pub that we walked to was already heaving with people. It was six in the evening and a Thursday night so really I wasn't surprised.

The many screens inside caught my eye. They were all showing what looked to be a football game. I was thankful for the many chats I had with Luke, one of the British members of my old team.

He let me know that I can't be calling it soccer over here in england.

As soon as we entered, Both Jacob and Jenny were being called by other people, leaving me standing here alone looking like a loner. I was mature enough to walk around and find a table. Hoping that they were planning on coming back. After all, they did invite me.

As I searched for an empty table I collided with someone. Leaving them to spill their drink over my shirt. My previously white shirt was covered in alcohol most likely.

Brilliant, I thought to myself.

My mind was reeling with annoyance until I looked at the guy I had bumped into.

"Elle?" I recognised that voice.

I was kind of glad to see a familiar face.

"Oh hey Ryan sorry about your drink" I laughed looking down at my drenched shirt. I don't know who I felt more sorry for. Myself or for the loss of Ryan's drink. I heard that London prices were extortionate.