Fourteen

Fourteen

I rubbed my tired eyes as I walked down the steps from the coach. It took upto an hour to get to Heathrow airport, but our flight was early. It was currently 5 in the morning and I spent the whole ride here leaning on Theo's strong shoulder.

Today we were flying to America and everyone was excited, I'll admit they were tired, but I knew as soon as we landed, they would be very excited.

Billy had told our old coach I was coming and apparently, we now have a very nice holiday home that we will be staying in that has 6 rooms, 3 bathrooms, a gym and thankfully a swimming pool.

I would personally thank him.

Theo helped the girls get their bags from under the bus and got them onto a trolley. He knew that he was part of the help along with me and Tina. I was relieved to have Theo accompany is on this trip due to his past experience of being in the states as well as myself.

I led the way into the airport heading straight for us all to check in.

As they all passed me, I handed them their tickets and let them go ahead. Bryony had done a fair share of travelling with her family, so I let her have somewhat control over keeping everyone well informed and how it works in terms of going through security.

Bryony has grown on me ever since the beginning, she respects me, and I respect her which is enough for me.

After we all checked in, we headed further into the airport going for all the security checks.

"I told you, Mel, dress casually otherwise you'll be stripping for all these people," Bryony said as we waited in line. I smiled, she wasn't too overdressed, but she had jewellery on a belt and boots. It's fine but it's a pain when going through security.

I opted for sweats, just a jumper and fitness leggings with trainers. Theo and Tina wore very similar clothing.

"its fine Melissa, just remove your belt before you go through," I said

Melissa visibly relaxed clearly; she was a little bit stressed.

The U.K is not super strict compared to other countries, but they do ensure that there is nothing dangerous going through or coming in.

I went to Australia one time and hated every second of it.

Once we were finished with all the security checks, we made it through too duty-free. I let them go around a little bit before meeting us at our gate.

Tina and Theo went to grab some snacks before our flight whilst I used the bathroom.

When I finished up, I met everyone, and we walked to our gate to get in the line. It didn't take for us to get through as it wasn't such a busy day and wasn't a prime holiday period. I decided on going just before the Easter break to avoid any busy periods where everyone likes to get away for two weeks.

I stood behind Theo as the woman checking our passports shamelessly flirted with Theo, asking about Japan since it obviously showed he had been there from his passport.

Theo kindly ended the conversation and let me go next.

"you have a very handsome teacher," the lady said, leaning forward to whisper. Is she serious right now?

I heard the others scoff behind me.

"What's the holdup coach," Scott said looking over my shoulder. I smiled already knowing that he was trying to prove a point.

She quickly checked my passport and stamped it clearly, she was embarrassed for assuming.

Theo shook his head, amused as he walked up front with the twins.