14

"....CHAOS!" I yelled on accident

"Hello Greg." He replied

I bet I was pale, "how can I help you, sir?" I asked

He sighed, "I'm thinking of sending you on a mission."

I straightened up, I get sent on missions often. Usually deliver, sometimes combat. "What kind?" I asked

" Finding a monster in a desert. " that was a new one....

"What kind?" I asked

" Don't know. "

Huh? "Okay, what are the rules?"

" You'll be an observer unless necessary. "

"Who'll I observe?"

" Percy. "

Unknown

The sand was hot in my feet, it was always. I looked across the desert, wishing I had someone who'd talk to me. I feel a tear roll down my face.

Percy

I awoke this morning feeling refreshed, but I only meant to take a nap! I let out a satisfied yawn as I stood up. I was hungry! I walked to the dining room where Jeren had prepared breakfast!

Blue pancakes! I walked in up and started eating! GODS! It was delicious! While in was eating Jeren walked in with one of the kids from school, Gavin I think.

"May I sit?" He asked

Me, with a mouth full of pancakes, simply nodded. I quickly swallowed, "what can I do for you?" I asked

He looked at me, "Chaos wants to give you a job."

A job? "Just tell him I don't do fast food."

I saw him stiffen, "not like that, like a mission or quest."

Quest? A quest? "What kind of quest?" I could tell that my mood was angry, as could they.

" we are to find a monster that may or may not exist  in a desert on a planet a few days away. "

That sounded, not sarcasm, fabulous! "When do we leave?" I ask

" immediately. "

"After breakfast."

He looked at me irritated, "immediately after breakfast."

I nodded, "Jeren, could you please pack me a bag of non-spoiling food."

"of coarse, sir. " he replied before walking out of the room

"Would you like some breakfast?" I asked Gavin

"No, thank you."

~eating time skip~

Me and, yes he corrected me, Greg were sitting in his ship. It was, let's just be honest it has a stupid name! The planet was about forty light hours away (distance light travels in an hour), so we had an eighty hour trip ahead of us....uuugghhh!

Unknown

I walk up to the body, it's a grown male! It was hurt!

I pick it up, I'll bring it to my home, maybe it'll talk to me.

"Don't worry, i'm going to help you." I whisper to him, I suddenly see a light on the sky.

It's beautiful!

Greg

Percy was so annoying! He couldn't sit still! I eventually gave him a sleeping pill. The kind that I'd use for an emergency. It should wear off about an hour before we get there.