Chapter 13

Who else is part of the Bramfam?

Hope you guys had a nice thanksgiving even though it's already been almost a week since. 

Athena's POV

The night at the business meeting went by smoothly afterwards and I must admit, I enjoyed myself. Seeing all those sophisticated people surrounding me surely made me feel out of place at the beginning but then, I started to get comfortable with Max by my side. On top of that, those rich people weren't exactly how I expected them to be. Most of them were very nice to me and even complimented me. Not going to lie, I felt utterly flattered at that moment. I always thought that they were going to be snobby and arrogant people but I guess I was wrong.

It is now the day to meet the Knight family. It is currently eight in the morning and I just rolled out of bed. Checking my phone as I just got a message, I saw that Dereck texted me. He texted me saying that he and Jacob are going to come over. As soon as this registered in my brain, I started getting excited. That reminds me that I have to go and visit my mom and Eros soon.

Getting ready for the day, I went in the kitchen to find the maids finishing up their chores. Maria walked up to me with a smile. "Good morning, Athena," she said as I smiled back. "Good morning, Maria," I said as I looked around. "What do you want for breakfast today," she asked me. "I think I'll make breakfast by myself today," I said and she looked at me in shock. "What happened Maria," I asked worriedly. "But I can make whatever you want. You just have to tell me," she said making me laugh. "It's fine Maria. I want to cook," I said and she nodded. "Besides, I'm sure you have other things to do," I added and she nodded.

While making breakfast, I heard the someone walking up to me. As I was about to turn, I felt my body being lifted up. I couldn't help but scream. "Gosh woman, you will burst my eardrums," I heard the voice of Dereck. "Dereck you scared the crap of me," I said as he threw me on his shoulder. "Hey sweet pea," Jacob said in an annoying squeaky voice, announcing his arrival. "Hi grandma," I said while laughing. I looked at him while struggling to get off of Dereck's shoulder and I could see a scowl on Jacob's face, making me laugh even more.

"Why do you always throw me like a sac of potato every single time," I said as I hold onto his shirt in order to prevent myself from falling. "By the way, how did you get in," I asked and Jason said that one of the maids let them in. "Put me down now Dereck," I said as I jiggle in all direction, making him finally put me down. Jason saved my breakfast from getting burnt. "Thanks Jayjay," I said as I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"So what should we do today," I asked them as I was having my breakfast and both of them were stealing from my plate. "I don't know," Dereck said as he was chewing. "Oh I have to buy something nice to wear for tonight," I said as I remembered the family dinner. "For what," Jason asked as I saw him answering his emails on his phone. "I'll be going to Max's family dinner thing," I said and he nodded. "Well then let's go then," Dereck said making me frown. "I thought that you hated shopping," I said in disbelief. "I just get impatient that's it," he said making me roll my eyes. With that said, I finished my breakfast and then we all went to the mall.

We have been looking for an outfit for like thirty minutes and I was already bored. Something finally caught my eyes. "Do you think it has to be formal or is this not appropriate," I asked Jacob as I felt the soft material of the skirt. "I think this will be perfect with this simple gray shirt there," he said as he pointed towards the rack of clothes before me.