Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Adrian's POV

"No! I don't want to go and you can't make me!"

Currently I was running through the apartment trying to escape Paul who was forcing me to go to some unholy football game. All I wanted to do was stay home read and relax. Wait! You have no idea what I'm talking about or who I am. Let me explain.

I guess I should start with myself. I'm small, about 5'4 on a good day and thin with really pale skin. My eyes are a brilliant blue and my hair is a dark shade of brown. I'm really quite hyper and when I don't want to do something or I'm scared I tend to run away from whatever it is. Which is what I'm doing right now. Well actually I'm crouched down behind a couch hoping that Paul wouldn't find me back here.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about Paul. He is my amazingly wonderful boyfriend even though he's currently trying to kidnap me and drag me to a football game. Not that I hate them but they tend to be boring sometimes.

"HA! Found you!" He almost scared me to death...literally!

Jumping up from behind the couch I began to run but then tripped on my own feet and landed face first on the ground. With my face smushed into the floor I could faintly hear laughter from above me. Lifting my head slightly I saw Paul bent over, holding his side laughing hysterically.

"Full of elegance and grace babe..." he got out between the laughter.

"Bite Me!" I yelled frustrated at the fact that he hasn't offered to help me up yet. Pushing myself up from the floor I made my way to the couch where I plopped down. Leaning over the back of the couch he wrapped his arms around me from behind and placed a small kiss on my cheek.

"I'm sorry babe but you have to admit that it was kind of funny." He chuckled lightly before nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Yeah...yeah...Anyways do we really have to go watch the game?"

"I guess not. We can always go over your sister's house and spend some time with her. We haven't seen her in what...almost two months?"

As soon as he mentioned my sister my whole body tensed. Don't get me wrong I love my sister she's amazing. What I'm worried about is her boyfriend, Alex. You're probably thinking that he's some horrible person that acts nice to me in front of my sister and then when she turns her back he's abusing her precious brother. WRONG!

Alex has never hurt me in fact I think I've hurt him a few times. I may or may not have fallen on him a couple times after I tripped on...some stuff. Instead of screaming at me for being some kind of klutz or pushing me off roughly he just laughs.

Whenever that happens I end up making everything awkward by trying to push myself away from him but it ends up looking like I'm trying to escape from a diseased person. Then to make matters worse I have Paul teasing me about being graceful and my sister staring at me weirdly.

"So do you want to go or not?"

"Huh?" I forgot that I was supposed to be making a decision about what to do.

I didn't want to go to the game but at the same time I didn't want to really have to deal with the cute couple. It was painful to watch them being so happy together and it made me want to gouge my eyes out sometimes. Yeah I know how hopeless I sound but I just can't help it. I would never hurt my sister like that so I try to avoid being around him, especially alone.

"I guess we can go over to visit them. It's better than watching football." Faking a disgusted face I shuddered in my seat.

"Fine then we'll go see your sister and Alex."