Chapter 1

It was the first day of summer break and you had to take your sister out. You were planning on sleeping in until Maria had come into your room to repeatedly slap you with a so-called "soft pillow". Really, it was a homemade pillow that she filled with beads because you ran out of stuffing, but she acted like it was no big deal.

(Your POV)

  As I finally woke up to Maria's painful pillow, I was blinded by the sunlight coming from my window. I groggily got up and closed the blinds. I went to lay back down until Maria threw a large pile of clothing on top of me causing me to stumblr backwards. I looked up to my younger sister as she began to finally talk. "Mom says that I can't go out without you since I could get jumped so you better hurry up and put on some clothes 'cuz I wanna go see that cute boy at the DX that my friends told me about!" If looks could kill my sister would have been dead a long time ago but I saved myself the work of having to look at her (It never worked anyways) and just rolled my eyes.

  Honestly, relationships and boys aren't really on my thing. I'm horrible at flirting and my sister doesn't exactly help my situation, but honestly I don't ever come across guys I really like anyways so it's no worries. Of course I've liked a few people, everyone has, but I've never had this constant need to be in a relationship... Unlike Maria who wanted whoever she could get. Of course she had her standards but she didn't care that much, just having the opportunity to tell people she was in a relationship and not be lying was satisfying enough for her.

  "Ugh." I said as I looked through the pile of clothing for something wearable. I decided on a simple red T-Shirt, shorts that definitely had some wear and tear, and my converse. This was my typical clothing style and being a greaser, I don't have anything to fancy... Not that I like fancy clothing, I honestly despise it. Tight dresses and high heels? Hell no!

  As I finally got dressed and brushed my hair I heard Maria yell to hurry up. Boy, is she impatient. "I wanna get there before the Soc girls! They'll have him preoccupied and won't let us even get a glance at 'im!" Maria yelled again. "You and your boy obsession!" I yelled back getting aggravated. I heard my Dad start talk about boys. "You aren't allowed to date. Ever. End of story. Boys are evil and disgusting and dirty. Especially the ones in this town!" I heard my Father tell my sister. It was faint because I was upstairs, but I could still make out what they were saying. "But dad... You're a boy... And you're from this town." I knew what game Maria was playing (And failing at miserably). I could tell she was expecting him to be taken aback by what she said, but then he simply agreed and said "Exactly." In such a matter-of-fact tone. I chuckled at this because Maria always thought she was being funny or smart but really she was just making herself look like a total idiot.

  I finally came downstairs and grabbed Maria so we could walk to the DX. I had been there before, but I honestly didn't care about who was working. I was there for a Coke and nothing else. Was that so wrong? Well, in my sister's book it sure was. "Hey can we stop by Cleo's and grab her? She should probably get in some social interaction considering she'll want to hide out all summer like she does in all her free time." I asked Maria. "Don't matter to me." Maria said. We took a turn and knocked on Cleo's door. Her mom answered the door. "Oh hi Y/N, here to see Cleo?" I nodded. "Okay, I have to go to work, so stick together and have fun." Cleo's mom turned back and hollered at her, "Bye Cleo, I'm going to work love you!" I heard a moan, and then a muffled "Ugh, love you to."

Maria and I walked back to Cleo's room. She was curled into her pillow with her blinds closed and all lights turned off to let her sleep. I opened the blinds and window in her room to let in some fresh air and light. Maria shook her and made no progress in waking her up. Cleo didn't move, or at least acknowledge the fact that her eminent fate was having to get up earlier than 10 o'clock. "Maria, you know that won't do any good." I walked over to see my friend with her hair wrapped around her face, potentially suffocating her. I pulled Cleo's blanket away until she was laying on her bed just curled in a ball. Slowly she woke up as she realized she had been stripped of her fluffy cocoon. "Y/N?" She said as she rubbed her eyes and pulled her hair away from her face. "Why in the hell are you in my room taking away my blanket at-" She looked at her small clock, "NINE THIRTEEN?! HOW COULD YOU?!" Cleo looked at me with sad eyes. "We're going to the DX so Maria can meet her new "Boy-Toy" and your coming with us 'cuz you need to leave your house and be social." I walked to her closet and grabbed out her black flip flops, black and white flannel, a black shirt, and her, also worn and torn, jean shorts. I threw the clothing at her and said, "Put these on and brush your hair. We're gonna wait in the living room, don't take forever."

A/N

Lord save me I don't know shit about not being a cringy writer. Welp, I tried. Tell me if I suck. I can take honesty even if it doesn't sound the nicest. I don't like hate for no reason, but if you honestly don't like my writing tell me so I can improve! Also I wanna do an Imagines and Preferences, so if there's an imagine or preference you want me to do send me a message and I'll do what I can! Stay Gold! 💛🌅

~BK13