Durmstrang vs Hogwarts

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters. If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is coming so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________

Gloria followed her aunts out of the fireplace and into the Headmaster's office of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Using their wands they quickly cleaned the floo powder off their clothes and made themselves presentable. Belladonna chose less formal attire with a simple black robes with intricate embroidery on the collar and sleeves. She told Gloria she enchanted the threads of the embroidery to change to the color of her Hogwarts House the minute the Sorting Hat announced it. Ximena, on the other hand, kept to her bold robes with extravagant beading and decorative hair pieces. She too enchanted her beaded robes to change color to match Gloria's House.

"I'm so relieved that Headmaster Dippet agreed to a private sorting instead of a big spectacle in front of the entire school," Belladonna motioned for Gloria to twirl and checked for soot, "I don't know how the other parents do it!"

"Do what, my love?" Ximena asked as she surveyed the Headmaster's office with a critical eye.

"They have to wait for their children to let them know which House they're sorted into." Belladonna sighed. "I wish that the parents would be allowed to attend the Sorting."

"This entire affair is ridiculous if you ask me," Ximena huffed, "It creates more rivalries than foster connections."

The sound of grinding stone turned their attention to the griffin statue revealing Headmaster Dippet. They were greeted by the balding elderly man who seemed kind enough even though he eyed the witches with suspicion. Before they began, they had to wait for The Scamanders to arrive plus Albus Dumbledore to witness the sorting. Theseus Scamander would act as a representative for The Ministry while the Scamanders would represent Queenie's family. Although she kept the face of elegance, inside Gloria was terrified. At Durmstrang there weren't any "houses" to be sorted into. The dormitories were separated by gender and year not different houses based on personalities. Gloria felt the entire notion was ridiculous, however, if it would make her mother's family happy...

A loud POOF! came from the fireplace and the party was complete. The Scamanders filed out of the fireplace patting the floo powder off their clothes. Tina offered an awkward hug which Gloria accepted. Ximena scowled at the awkward greeting while Belladonna sighed at the soot handprints on Gloria's robes. Gloria waved at Newt and his bowtruckle and gave a respectful nod to Theseus. The next to arrive was Professor Dumbledore holding the Sorting Hat.

"Excellent," he smiled at the crowd, "Everyone is here and the Hat is ready for Miss Grindelwald."

Gloria giggled as she observed the garment that would choose her place at this school. It was a raggedy thing, all patched up and misshapen. The hat frowned at her and huffed, "When you've been around as long as I have, missy, we'll see how well you look."

"Testy little thing, isn't it?" Ximena snorted.

The Headmaster motioned for Gloria to sit in a chair with the rest of the adults standing around her. "Sadly, my dear, we don't have the pomp and circumstance the first years get," he placed the hat on her icy curls, "but it'll have to do."

Gloria sat straighter and waited for the hat to shout the house she would spend the rest of her education in.

"Fascinating," a voice mused, "yes, fascinating indeed! You have all the qualities each founder would be desperate to claim. I see bravery and courage to lead others that would make Gryffindor proud. Hufflepuff would rejoice in the compassion and loyalty you show to others. Ravenclaw would be green with envy at the curiosity and intelligence you wield. And Slytherin would see you as a rival with your cunning and ambitious mind. So where to put you?"