Out of the Shadows

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters. If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is coming so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_______________________________

Nurmengard

At long last he finally found him. He finally found the snake in the grass that robbed him of his joy.  He knew that his patience would pay off. Now in the darkest dungeons of Nurmengard, sat the pitiful wizard responsible for Lady Grindelwald's death. Uneven eyes observed the pathetic creature writhing in agony before him. With each scream, Grindelwald thought of his late wife's laughter and how, as the years passed, he nearly forgot what it sounded like. He took such pleasure in this traitor's pain.

"What happens to him now?" Aurelius asked as the latest bout of torture ended.

Grindelwald straightened his waistcoat. "Have him patched up and taken care of. I'll return with a guest who might help us with this interrogation."

Without another word, he left the cell and toward his luxurious suite. He had a party to prepare for.

**************

Originally, Gloria's Debut was to be held at Greer House where everyone could see the place she was raised. However the Malfoys, ever the Slytherin, offered their home in the hopes of gaining Grindelwald's favor. Belladonna wanted to refuse knowing the Malfoys' false generosity, but Ximena accepted just to spite The Scamanders. She took such delight in Tina Scamander's face when she was told about the change in venue. The arguments only escalated when they reviewed the guest list.

Gloria just hid her amusement as she went about her normal routine. With Antonio as her constant companion, she tended to her aunt's plants and experiments then tended to a new fragrances she was working on for her Debut in her room. Antonio grumbled and knocked over an empty vial in the hopes of getting his master's attention.

"Oh I know, Antonio." Gloria smiled and stroked the creature's scaly back. "You're so needy! But you're strangely good at finding the right ingredients for me." Antonio chirped with delight and scurried away. Gloria turned her attention back to her work but heard her scaly friend knock over more glass vials until she saw him crawl back with something in his mouth. After a quick game of tug-of-war, Gloria finally pried the vial from Antonio's toothy grasp. After examining the vial. Gloria smiled and kissed Antonio's spikey head. "Thanks, Antonio. I knew I was missing something." She poured the contents into her beaker and finished her product. As she let her new creation sit, her aunts came in to help her get ready for the party.

"The tailors finally finished your dress robes just in time!" Ximena gently laid the extravagant gown on the bed. "Honestly, for all the money we spent!"

"Now, my love." Belladonna chuckled. "We're not the only customers they have. What matters is that the dress robes are ready."

Ximena smiled and rolled her eyes. "Very well. Come, mija." she motioned for Gloria to come closer. "Let's work on your hair and makeup!"

Gloria sat at the vanity and her aunts pulled out their wands and began to work. Belladonna used her wand to summon potions from her bag to apply to Gloria's icy tresses. With a flick of her wrist, she added a drop here and there to add shine and make her icy hair soft as silk and to lengthen her locks so it would cascade down her back. Ximena used her wand to apply fine powders to give Gloria a soft glow and draw attention to her striking eyes. While all these bottles and floating makeup tools danced in the air, Gloria found it difficult to be still as Antonio attempted to latch on to these objects.