A Peculiar Riddle

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING! I just created a handful of characters for my own amusement.

Thank you all for giving this story a chance. I absolutely loved THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD and really wanted to write a story surrounding these characters. If you enjoy this story, please check out other stories I've written. Winter Break is coming so hopefully I'll update them more frequently!
_____________________________

My dearest Gloria,

We're both happy and saddened to hear how you're adjusting to Hogwarts. I'm glad that you've made a few friends and that the teachers are behaving themselves. Although, I'm outraged that your talents will be hindered due to the school's curriculum. Regardless, we know you'll excel in any course you find yourself in. I still tell your Aunt Belladonna that we should've fought harder for your studies. But you'll always have the summer to continue your real education with us.

Your Aunt Belladonna sends her love and we're eager to have you back at Greer House. Please tell us of your adventures with your new friends. Heaven knows we need a laugh!

All my love,
Aunt Ximena

P.S.
I hope you enjoy the charm on your bracelet!

Gloria smiled as she put the letter down and looked out the Common Room window. She let her mind drift to her new life at Hogwarts and to the new friends she made.

Adjusting to life in Hogwarts was harder than she thought. While the Ravenclaws were polite and the Hufflepuffs naturally kind, the Gryffindors often tried to goad her into a fight. The Slytherins weren't so trustworthy either. They only tried to gain her favor in the hopes that their families would gain prestige. The only ones she called True Friends were Cas,  Abraxas, and Antonio.

Abraxas was an insatiable flirt. His charming smile and smooth voice had many of their classmates chasing after him. He often tried to work his charms on Gloria but she just rolled her eyes at him. If she was feeling mischievous, with a snap of her fingers she decorated his elegant silver hair with pink poke dots. Despite his devil-may-care attitude, he was a brilliant alchemist, excelled in Transfiguration, and was a skilled duelist. Gloria loved sparring with him because his cunning mind kept her on her toes. It had been so long since she had a truly challenging partner.

Casimir, or Cas as he preferred to be called, was more of a historian than anything else. He always carried piles of textbooks in his satchel. His attention to detail and knowledge of magical history actually proved useful in their studies. Much to Abraxas' surprise, Cas helped improve his understanding of potions and Defense Against The Dark Arts. While Abraxas was extroverted and impulsive, Cas was more reserved and cautious. Out of the two, Antonio preferred to crawl on Cas' shoulder.

It was a change of pace for Gloria. At Durmstrang, she was adored by her professors and classmates. She was a shining star that everyone aspired to be. But at Hogwarts, she was at the bottom. An outcast who everyone believed would turn out as rotten as her father. Gloria didn't dare bring the family photo she treasured. Instead, Aunt Ximena created an elegant locket charm for her gold bracelet. Inside the locket, one side held her father's charming image while the other side held her mother's warm smile.