Chapter 12

I'm currently sitting in the library at a table with Scott, Stiles and Isaac wondering how the hell I got here

I'm currently sitting in the library at a table with Scott, Stiles and Isaac wondering how the hell I got here. Logically, I know that I drove Isaac to school today, avoided Danny's judging eyes in the hallway, got ambushed by Scott and Stiles who said they needed to talk to Isaac right away and then got ushered to a table at the back of the library to talk it over. However all logic was out the window in my life at this point, and the tense conversation happening right around me didn't feel based in reality.

"You told her?" Scott whisper/yells at Isaac.

"I never trusted you, Lahey," Stiles said, throwing his hands in the air, "What did I tell you Scott? Loose canon!"

"She already knew," Isaac assures, looking over at me, "Right El?"

I watched as all three eyes turned to me in anticipation. I felt a nervous smile fighting it's way onto my lips. I couldn't help it. The idea that this was even happening right now was insane. I realize that I must have waited to long to answer when Isaac gentle places his hand on my thigh with a reassuring squeeze.

"I mean, I wouldn't say I knew everything..."

"I told you!" Stiles says, looking over at a disappointed Scott.

"For the love of--El would you just give them one of the letters?" Isaac says, clearly exasperated

"Right, yeah," I say, reaching into my bag to pull out a few letters from my mom. Stiles snatches one and begins reading over it intently, while Scott takes a calmer approach. Either way the result is first a look of confusion, disbelief, and then back to confusion. Before they can speak Isaac searches my bag for something, and then places the photo of my family and Ennis on the table. They both take a hard look at the photo, and then look up at me with understanding.

"So your mom was an emissary to Ennis?" Scott asks, "What happened to her? And do you know who she is writing to?"

"All I have are the letters and this." I say, taking out the photo of Julia and my mom and passing it over, "I don't even know where these letters are from. One was left in my locker with the photo of Ennis and the rest were in a box in my room. As for my mom, she was killed. Police reports claim that she was covered with bites and scratch marks and her death was ruled as an animal attack . Based on her letters I can guess that she was killed by Ennis when he decided to join the alpha pack," I respond and watch as their faces being to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Somehow the three boys in front of me are able to have a full conversation with just looks. I am stuck bouncing my eyes back and and forth between all of them trying to keep up.

"Absolutely not!" Isaac says, glaring at Scott.

"This could be our only shot at some answers," Scott responds to the complaint in a firm tone.

"I'm not going to let her walk into a potentially deadly situation for just some answers!" Isaac yells in a hushed tone.

"He isn't going to do anything at school, and I really don't think he would hurt her regardless," Scott argues, "Besides she's the only one here who could talk to him without raising suspicion. Isaac you know this is the best option we have."