Chapter 19

For the second time I wake up gasping for air, but this time I'm back in the clinic

For the second time I wake up gasping for air, but this time I'm back in the clinic. I watch Deaton and Lydia jump up from where they are sitting on the floor, while Isaac and Allison rush into the room at the sound. I don't even have time to question when Allison got here before Scott and Stiles spring into action.

"I saw it, I know where it is." Scott says, jumping out of the tub.

"Yeah we passed it." Stiles continues, "There was this stump. This huge tree. Well, it's not huge anymore. It was cut down. But it's still big, though, very big."

"It was the night we were looking for the body," Scott says to Stiles

"It was the same night you got bit by Peter," Stiles responds, and they share a moment of realization that their journey into the world of the supernatural started right by the Nemoton. I don't get a chance to feel like the odd one out for long though, because soon Stiles and Scott look over at me.

"I..well Isaac and I used to play right by it when we were kids," I respond to their looks, "It's near the cemetary, maybe a few miles out."

'We can find it," Scott asserts, and I nod in agreement.

Silence fills the room as everyone just stares at the three of us. It feels like there's something they don't want to tell us, and that tension drains the room of all the energy we had just added to it. I look over at Isaac from across the room and he gives me a weary room.

"What?" I ask

"You guys were out a long time," He answers.

"How long is a long time?" Stiles asks, and I guess a few hours based on the fact that Allison had enough time and reason to get here.

"16 hours," Deaton responds and I gasp.

"We were in the water for 16 hours?" Scott asks, panicking.

"And the full moon rises in less than four," Deaton responds.

The room erupts into chaos as Stiles and Scott begin chatting rapidly to each other. Isaac comes up next to me with a towel and wraps it around my shoulders. I let him lead me out of the room, and I'm happy to escape. There is so much going on in my head, but I don't think any of it would be helpful at this point. Isaac stops when we reach the front of the clinic and pulls me in for a hug.

"You had me so worried," He mummers into my hair, "Deaton had to stop me more than a few times from grabbing you out of there."

"Was it really 16 hours?" I ask, pulling away. Isaac nods, "And Allison?"

"Her dad is awake and stable. After the first hour I called her and she rushed over here to help out." Isaac answers, "But tell me what happened when you were under. You aren't interested in hearing about us going mad all night waiting."