Chapter 6 : "Encounter Of Michael"

Writing a book isn't easy at all. To find a good story and a good topic? But how? She thinks while brushing her teeth. She sighs and spits. After freeing from washroom she comes outside. Of course she has to write a book, it's her need now. She thinks and changing clothes she goes downstairs where she sees her family having breakfast.

She sits with them while her father is reading newspaper and her mother and aunt are in kitchen making breakfast for everyone. Her grandparents are also having their breakfast while kids as always are finding their things and are getting ready for school.

Kyle comes and quietly sit with her and starts his breakfast. While she thinks only one thing what will she do if she couldn't find a story?

Everyone is talking but she is just moving the fork here and there on the omelet.

"Maria? Princess what happened? Why aren't you eating?" her father asks. He is the only one in the family who calls her maria or princess. She lifts her face and tiredly smiles.

"Nothing dad. Its just work load. " she says.

As kids after having breakfast and leaving the home, her father also leaves while her grandfather goes to meet his friends. She sits in the lounge and turns the tv on. Snuggling with the pillow she changes the channels from one to another.

Her mother comes and sits besides her.

"Anna? What's going on? You've been thinking something since you came back after that meeting with your boss. Is everything alright? " she asks softly.

Hannah opens her mouth once thinking atleast she should share the news with her mother, but she closes it and says nothing. Thinking this might be a big shock for her if she tells her that she has to write a book in three months and her boss wants it at any cost otherwise she'll have to face the consequences.

"What is-" her mother again tries to ask when the doorbell rings and cuts her in between.

Hannah tries to avoid and stands up. "I'll see " she says and goes to the door where she opens the door.

What she sees is the only person that her family hates alot. None other than Mr Michael.

Standing in the door, wearing a perfect grey suit and polished black shoes. Cold grey eyes with grey hairs, showing a fake smile.

"Hello dear Hannah, how're you? " he asks in a monotonous tone.

She remembers when last time he came and he told his useless explanations about the case wth the same featureless expressions. And when Hannah shouted and warned him that she'll get the house, he uninterestingly laughed that brought so much anger in Hannah that she could just kill him in the very moment.

This time he is same as before. "What'd you want? " she asks coldly.

"Very bad behavior. Didn't your father educate you about manners for guests?" he gives a tedious smirk.

"My father told me how to give respect but he also taught me how not give a f*ck" she says softly with a totally harsh look pointing one eyebrow and crossing her arms.

"Watch your tone miss Hannah, it can be harmful for your own self. Now tell me is anyone home? Your father and my dearest friend? " he says with a soft cold voice.

"No he isn't at home. Just tell me why you're here? " Hannah almost shouts.

Before Michael could say anything her mother appears asking "who's there Hannah why are you shouting? "

And when she sees Michael, her face becomes hard and her lips form a thin line.

"Why are you here Michael, what do you want? " she asks angrily pushing Hannah behind her.

"Hello Kathee" he says raising his brow and a smirk on his face.

"Its Mrs Jackson to you! Now forget the formalities and tell me why are you here? " Katherine replies.

Hannah just stands behind her and tries to make her mom easy.

"This, take this and make sure my dearest friend Mathew see it." he says as he gives the pamphlet to Katherine.

"Have a nice day ka- mrs Jackson " he says smirking and leaves.

Her mother shuts the door loudly. She comes into the living room while Hannah goes after her.

"What is it mother? " she asks.

"I don't know " she says while putting it on the round table in between sofas and sits on one of them while rubbing her temples.

Another pamphlet. Another warning. She thinks while getting stressed up. When will she get out of this misery. When she'll live a happy life. She thinks.

Hannah takes the pamphlet and sees it.

"It's from the court " she says creasing her brows.

"No don't open it. Your father will open it. Put it as it is" she says and gets up.

Hannah do as her mother says.

"Hannah aren't you getting late? Its 11:00 and your office timing starts fron 9:00. " she asks.

"Oh yes mom. I'm but I informed them already I'll come today late " she shrugs and leaves.

Her mother goes to her room and put the pamphlet on the sidetable of her bed.

She thinks that atleast she should see what is the warning now? Although she knows that this maybe a last warning.

They're fighting for their house and still couldn't get anything. All the proves they've given are useless. His father in law killed his brother that was true. But their wasn't any physical wounds or scratches on her mother in laws body. At that time, the report they've registered about his brother Kyle was true but now the report doesn't matter at all. They need the solid evidence. He clearly presented the will in which her father in-law had signed the papers.

Everything was messed up for them. The real reason behind the case that they're loosing the case were the signatures of Steinfold.

She rubs her temples and sighs in frustration. When she listens the Hannah's voice that she's leaving for work.

And again she thinks that there's something wrong with Hannah too.

Hannah comes out of her house thinking what will happen next. She remembers the last time's warning, it could be the only and last warning. Atleast her mother should open that envelope and sees what was in it?

The story. The story... Words... Life... But where? She sees here and there and sees the sky which is of light blue today. She takes a deep breath and starts walking thinking about the same things again and again.

She reaches to her office and sits in her cabin. Michael's face comes to her mind and the story at the same time. What if they have to leave their house? What if they will loose the case forever? Her family doesn't know the critical situation of her office as well.

Her mind is so messed up when she hears a knock on the door.