Chapter 11: "Warning Call"

Hannah gets up early in the morning. She opens the windows and welcomes the first sunlight in this house. She breaths and yawns.

After freeing from washroom she goes downstairs and does her breakfast with her family. Everyone eats and talks about the remaining work as her mother suggests to work in the bakery.

Her father creases a brow and then sips his green tea. "We'll talk about it later on this topic, secondly when will you be joining the office maria? I'm noticing that you're not going to office "

Hannah coughs a little and dranks a sip of water. She stops on while cutting the omelet and tries to think a perfect lie. She opens her mouth and about to speak when Sylvia comes from back.

" Here your boss is calling you, it looks like he glued his thumb over the call button. " she doesn't have the smartphone she just uses the old phone her father gave her for calling and texting purposes and she never argued because she didn't feel the need.

She gulps and gets up while passing a smile and taking the phone from her hand. She goes upstairs and locks the door. She walks here and there while staring at the screen.

After taking a breath she picks it up. She makes herself as calm as possible.

"Hannah? Where the hell are you? " he yells from the other side.

"David I was busy these days. "

"Hannah you never do this, tell me properly "

"David.. We lost our house, so.. We had to shift. I was busy with shifting. I informed you on text that I'll not be coming this week. "

"Ana this ain't good. You didn't leave any application and suddenly disappeared. I was fucking worried. "

"I'm sorry david. I couldn't come up and personally tell you. I was messed up with all these things "

"Did you start a writing story yet? "

Hannah remains quiet. She bites her lip in frustration.

"Anna I'm asking something. Did you start or not? " he asks gritting his teeth she could feel his tense jaw.

"No" she replies and close her eyes chewing her lip.

"This is it ana! I gave you the time! I gave you the fucking time! You were by far the most and best employee of our company and this? I wasn't expecting such irresponsibility from you Hannah! I told you about the consequences! Didn't I Hannah? Didn't I? "

" Yes David I'm working on it. I'm trying. I'm trying. Trust me. I was so messed up lately my mind wasn't focusing on one thing." she rubs her neck.

" Then you have to force your mind to focus on one thing Hannah! God I can't believe this, this is you! I haven't seen such irresponsible Hannah before! I want the old Hannah back! I don't know how, but I want her back at any cost!" he pressurise her.

"She will be back soon I promise, just give me some time!"

"When Hannah? When? One week has been gone! "

"Soon david. Soon. " she says while sitting on chair and rubbing her temples.

David leans back on his chair as hannah listens the creak sound of chair.

"I hope she comes back soon. You have three more days or else I'm breaking the contract. "

"David! "

"Three days hannah"

"David listen! " and he hungs up.

He threw the phone on mattress with frustration.