Chapter 3

The news had changed to an article about tomorrow's race.

"Today we will give you the final list of racers for tomorrow! But before we do that, we have a few announcements."

Shean put his spoon into his soup and pulled out some noodles, blowing them off and them stuffing it into his mouth. Mario did the same.

"Daisy Barbua's new novel is coming along swiftly! News is said to be that it will be coming out just in time for Christmas, the official date will not be announced until later."

Another reporter spoke, "As you have probably heard, Rosalina Kharnova I'd going to be releasing a new song after tomorrows race. It is said to be her best song yet, according to her associates."

A few minutes past while they were talking about various things happening in the world. It was now 6:00 pm.

"Now, we will give you the list for tomorrows race."

Mario could tell that Shean was waiting for them to shut up and get to  the point.

"First: Luigi Barbua
Second: Peach Armea
Third: Daisy Barbua
Fourth: Rosalina Kharnova
Fifth: Waluigi Canre
Sixth: Wario Million
Seventh: Toad Stool
Eighth: Toadette Stool
Ninth: Donkey Kong
Tenth: Birdo Bows
Eleventh: Yoshi Barry
Twelfth: Koopa Troops."

Mario knew everyone. Even though some of them were not the same, Donkey Kong was not an ape, Koopa wasn't a turtle, and so on.

"Nice list, good to see that Daisy and Luigi are racing, even though they just got back from their honeymoon." Shean said while slerping up his soup.

"Yeah."

They put their dishes away and went off to their bedrooms. They were right next to each other.

Mario laid down and tucked himself into his sheets, getting ready to sleep. He was excited for tomorrow, he remembered racing in Mario Kart back in his world, and it was a fun night to watch. He slowly started to drift in and out of sleep, but eventually ended up sleeping soundly.

-With Peach-

"Hey, calm down Peach. It's going to be fine tomorrow." Rosalina assured Peach, who was worrying and could not sleep.

"I know Rose, I just can't stop thinking about him. He loved racing." She dug her head into Rosalina's shoulder.

"Cheer up, Peachy!" Daisy yelled coming into the room, back from going out to get Peach breakdown-foods.

She set out chocolate and small sweet snacks for when she wanted to just munch on something.

Peach reached out her arm and grabbed a chocolate bar, opened it, and stuffed it in her mouth. Once she finished chewing and swallowed, she started to wail.

"I'm scared." She almost screamed. She hugged Rosalina, and snuggled her head into her lap, crying.

"Peach, I would be to, if I lost Luigi." Daisy said sympathetacly.

Rosalina knew how to help people in hard times, it was one of the traits that she had that helped in times like this.

Rosalina and Daisy both sighed, not knowing what much else that they could do for her.

"Hey Peach, let's get some rest, you'll need it for tomorrow's race." Daisy said, laying a hand on her shoulder.

She lifted he head slightly to see her face. She sniffed and pulled up her hand to her face, wiping a tear, and her nose.

She tilted her head slightly down and said, "Yeah, sure. I guess you're right."

Rosalina helped lift her head up, and Daisy reached out her hand to lift her onto her feet. When Peach was on her feet again, Daisy and Rosalina supported her back, and walked with her to the rooms' exit.

They walked out, no one speaking until they got to the stairs. "I guess I'll see you girls tomorrow, bright and early." Peach said, trying her best to see the positive at the moment.

They nodded and went their separate ways. Daisy going left onto the elevator. Rosalina going up the stairs to the second floor, and Peach going right.

"Tomorrow is going to be one heck of a day," Peach sighed to herself. She knew that they were trying to help but she couldn't take her mind off of Mario.

She turned on the lights in her room, and got changed into her pajamas. After that, she plopped on to her bed. There was a buzz that came from her phone.

Peach picked it up, it was text. Who it was from is what made her pause. It was Bowser, the guy who had had a crush on her in college.

💬Hey Peachy, what's going on?

8:43 pm, Friday

Why would I tell you what's going on?💖

💬The whole Mario situation, have your friends been helping you her over it?

Uh, yeah....why?💖

💬Nvm, see you tomorrow, Peachy <3

8:54 pm, Friday

Peach couldn't respond to this. But it did get her to think, what if Mario didn't come back, or if something happened to him.

"It doesn't matter now, Peach! Just get yourself together, and forget about Bowser, and focus on the race tomorrow." Peach yelled at herself.

"Besides, tomorrow is another day"

Hi, so I hope you enjoyed the chapter, it's a little shorter than usual, but I still think it's good.

Go check out TeannaBittern_27 book, "Ask the Kid Icarus cast", it is funny and amazing. :)

~Estella