Chapter 84: Like a shield

Jungkook and Jimin both glanced down at the folder in the hands of the alpha as Minho tried to play with it. Jungkook spent no other second than to turn the page and see the information of the bodyguard collected so far. “His name is Lee Joon-Ho, he's twenty nine and he's a single father. Well, he doesn't live with his child of course. He's an alpha, has impressive strength and out of all the bodyguards I've looked into, he gave off a heartwarming aura. He loves family and socializing too.” Mr. Xin concluded as Jungkook took out the picture of a headshot of the man.

          The bodyguard looked charming with his dark brown almond eyes, sharp eyebrows and bangs covering his forehead. He looked muscular for the title. Of course, his face carried a flower boy look while his body showed his strong side for a guard. Everything within the folder carried all the information about the bodyguard; where he currently lives, where he travels time to time, why he's divorced, why he doesn't have custody over his only child, where he went to study, when he graduated, people he's in touch with and a perfect record listed there too. Jimin looked at the information and let out a laugh after while holding up one of the many pages about him.

          “You went all in to see what his life was about in the matter of three weeks! I'm impressed… This is so much work for you and I feel horrible.” Jimin said and looked back at the elder. “You have too much work on your hands… Are you sure you're okay with it?”

           “Oh I didn't go all in with the information of the bodyguard, detectives and officers helped me out on this because they're working on looking further into Kyunsji's life before all this unraveled. They helped in to secure the Jeon family and I made my own interviews and tests on the bodyguard. His information on his child is on the back page and where his son lives now with his own mother.” Jimin then turned the page to see a small family picture a long time back to see his ex was a foreigner with caramel skin, dark brown and big eyes, plump lips, a perfect smile that showed deep dimples and her short and curly hair sealed her look. As for their child, he alone looked to be two years old, a mix and had his small afro, almond eyes with double eyelids forming, also having a small button nose too. Jimin smiled at the cute family and nodded his head.

           “Seems like he's a great guy! If this information seems to be true, then it's alright to have him here as soon as possible. Does he live with anyone?”

            “He lives alone in an apartment. That's all to him, he lives a pretty decent life.” Mr. Xin claimed as Jungkook rose a brow at the man.

          "I don't like him…” Jungkook spoke and this made Jimin's eyes blow wide.

           “Hey! Shut up, Kookie. He seems nice!” Jimin spoke and Minho looked at the pictures of the bodyguard and looked excited to meet someone new.

           “No.. I don't think he's alright. Just because he has a family and lives alone with a decent life, doesn't mean that he can't ever spiral out of place even once. Don't you think it's weird how he suddenly appeared and seemed too perfect? I don't know about this one..”

           “Jungkook, there's nothing wrong with him. You're just too overprotective… It's okay to feel a little too overprotective, My love. Yet, he seems alright and Minho is very excited!” Jimin tried to convince the alpha as Jungkook glanced back at Minho who was holding up the headshot of the bodyguard.

          “Minho will have a friend?!” The pup shouted happily and looked at Jungkook. Of course, Jungkook just couldn't refuse so he just nodded his head to confirm.

           “But that doesn't mean I'll drop my suspicions. You can't blame me for wanting to protect my family at a scary time like this. Bring him when you can but I'm not going to trust him so suddenly.” Jungkook stated and folded his arms.