The First Time - Food Poisoning

The first time Matt was sick was when Foggy made supper. 

"Oh god, Foggy," Matt moans as he pushes himself up to spit into the toilet once more. Foggy cringed and reached up to flush the toilet.

"Man, that's nasty," he says. Matt swats him on the head and shoots him a glare.

"It's your fault," he grumbles, "Where did you learn how to cook?"

"I'll have you know, my mother taught me," Foggy replies.

"You must have been a horrible student. I've had her cooking before and this is the first time I got food poisoning," he tells his friend. Foggy just sighs and helps Matt to stand. Matt shrugs off the hand on his shoulder and goes to leave the room, only to walk into the wall and stumble back. Foggy chuckles and reaches out a hand to guide his friend.

"Come on, Matty. Let's get you settled on the couch. How about a movie? Finding Nemo sound good to you?" Foggy asks, helping his friend to sit on the couch.

"Foggy, I'm blind," Matt reminds him.

"Yeah but you aren't deaf, are you?" Foggy replies, plopping down on thhe couch beside him. He hands Matt a blanket and grabs a garbage can just in case Matt's stomach decides to rebel again.

"No, Foggy, I'm not deaf," Matt says, sighing.

"Then I'll describe it to you," Foggy says in a way that ends the conversation.

They put the movie in and Matt curls up under the blanket, his head in Foggy's lap.

"Oh! This is the part where Nemo's mom gets eaten! Oh look! He found his last egg! Oh wow! Oh that's the part with the turtle!" Foggy shouts out. A small smile appears on Matt's face. His friend was doing a terrible job at explaining the movie but it's the thought that counts. Matt's thinking was interrupted by the telltale gurgle of his stomach. He barely has enough time to lean over the edge of the couch before more of Foggy's disgusting attempt at supper comes up, splattering against the hardwood floor in his apartment. Foggy acts fast and grabs the trash can, catching the next wave just in time. After a few minutes, Matt's stomach calms enough for him to sit back up, breathing heavily.

"Oh dear god. Next time, we're going to McDonald's or something," Matt says, holding his stomach as Foggy goes to empty the bin.

"I'm really sorry Matt. I'll make it up to you," Foggy says, rubbing his back.

"You better," Matt grumbles in return. Foggy mutters something about being cranky and rewinds the movie.

They continue watching the movie, pausing a few times for Matt to throw up. Even though Foggy gave him food poisoning, Matt's really glad to have him as a friend.