The Fifth Time - Concussion

The fifth time Foggy took care of Matt when he was sick was when he got a concussion. Surprisingly, it wasn't from his nighttime activities as Daredevil but rather his own clumsiness coupled with his lack of sight.

It was a boring, cold friday and Matt and Foggy were meeting some new clients. They were shocked to find out Matt was blind but overall, took it pretty well. 

"So, let me get this straight. Your twelve year old son was accused of murder and they currently have him in custody," Matt asks. The mothers of the boy, Luke, nods and lets out a quiet sob. 

"She nodded," Foggy whispers to Matt who nods.

"My poor baby! He's just a kid! He wouldn't kill anyone!" She says, openly sobbing now. Her wife pulls her into a hug, tears of her own, falling.

"Elena, hon. It will be ok," the wife, Helen, tells her. The phone rings in the lobby, startling everyone.

"Matt, Foggy, can one of you get that? I'm busy!" Karen calls from the other room. Matt stands up and feels around for his cane. Foggy hands it to him and Matt leaves the room with an apology.

"Murdock and Nelson Law Firm. Murdock speaking," Matt says upon picking  up.

"Law Firm? I'm sorry I think I have the wrong number. Sorry for bothering you, mate," the voice says.

"That's fine. Have a nice day, sir," Matt says, hanging up the phone.

He heads back to the room with the clients and opens the door. He heads to his seat but trips over something, smacking his head on the side of the table and apparently knocking Elena's coffee all over her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!?" she yells, "How the hell did you not see that you clumsy idiot! You got coffee all over me, you ass! I can't fucking believe you!" 

Once she realizes what she said, she gasps and puts a hand up to her mouth and blushes bright red. 

"I'm so so sorry! I really don't know what got into me!" She apologizes and crys even more.

Foggy's about to defend Matt but pushes his anger to the back of his mind when he realizes Matt hasn't gotten up yet. 

"Hey, Matt? You alright?" He calls, when he gets no reply, he stands up and kneels beside his best friend. He rolls his friend onto his side and takes off his sunglasses to find him barely conscious.

"Matt!" He exclaims, tapping him on the side of his face.

"Wha d'you wan?" Matt slurs. Foggy tries to hide his panic as he calls for Karen.

"Busy!" Is the reply.

"Karen, it's an emergency!" He calls back, ignoring the shocked women sitting beside him helplessly.

Karen comes rushing in and upon seeing Matt on the floor, takes Elena and Helen into the lobby. 

"I'm very sorry ma'ams but I'm afraid we'll have to reschedule," Karen tells them, handing them their coats.

"That's alright. I really hope he's ok. I'm so sorry for what I said," Elena says. Karen nods and they leave.

As soon as the door closes, Karen rushes to the other room and sees Foggy helping Matt sit up.

"Should I call an ambulance?" She asks, already taking out her phone.

"Yeah. He's bleeding. A lot," Foggy says, seeing a puddle of blood under his head and a smear on the table.

"F'ggy," Matt slurs.

"Hey, bud. Just stay awake for me, ok?" Foggy says, hiding his panic.

"Mm. Tir'd," he slurs, eyes closing. 

"No! Matt, tell me about... um... tell me about that book you were reading," Foggy says, hoping to keep him awake.

"Mmm. F'ggy, d'n't feel w'll," Matt warns him.

"You don't feel well? Are you going to throw up?" He asks, tryingg to spare the carpet if possible.

"Mm hm," Matt mumbles.

"Alright. Hold on. Karen's bringing a garbage can. Ok?" Foggy says. Karen brings the small trashcan in the corner of the room and he helps Matt sit up.

"Here you go," he says, holding in front of his friend. They sit there for a minute before Foggy decides it's a false alarm. He puts the trashcan beside them just in case and leans Matt against his chest like they taught him in first aid.

Karen finally finishes talking with the operator and comes over.

"They're on their way. Hold on, Matt," she says.

"D'we h've clients?" Matt asks, trying to sit up.

"Don't worry, Matt. They'll come next week instead," Karen tells him and he nods.

They hear sirens and Karen goes to show the paramedics where to go.

"Sir, can you tell me your name?" One of the paramedics asks.

"N'me? M'Matt," he slurs.

"Alright, Matt. I'm Kate and this is James. Can you open your eyes for me?" She asks. Matt opens his eyes and they shine a light in one, then the other.

"His eyes aren't responding to light," James says, looking towards Foggy.

"Yeah, Matt's blind. Completely, 100% blind," Foggy tells him.

"Alright, Matt. We're going to take you to the hospital, ok?" She says and Matt groans in response. They load him into the ambulance and Foggy climbs in behind him. 

"F'ggy, d'n't feel w'll," Matt says, holding his stomach.

Foggy opens his mouth to respond but Matt leans over the gurney and vomits into Foggy's lap.

"Nasty!" Foggy exclaims. 

"S'rry," Matt tells him before passing out. Foggy grimaces but turns to talk to he paramedic.