toasted bread and bacon.

I woke up that Saturday morning to the smell of lightly toasted french bread and cooked crisp bacon. For a moment I lay there , hands over my face trying to calm the spinning headache that threw punches at my skull. Slowly I reached over to the small dresser that sat next to my bed , padding my hand around to find my only source of clear sight. My middle finger brushing against the rim of my glasses , I grabbed them with half-asleep grip  and opened them , looking through the dirty lens. I sighed , putting them on and sitting up. Loki lay at my feet , the calico still sleeping. I smiled a little to myself for how the cat liked me more than my mother , father , sister , or brother. I was always favored by animals , I couldn't really do much about it.

          I gently slipped her off my feet and pulled the plain , soft , beige blanket off of my body. My feet felt cold and wet in my loose socks , my head and arms felt heavy , and my loose ramen noodle print sweatjacket felt like it was full of cold air against my chest. My breath heaved for a second , but I dismissed it all and stood , making my way downstairs after putting on some white dinosaur pajama shorts that Arui got for me during secret santa as a joke. 

         The world spun , I felt nauseous , my legs felt weak but all that I cared to think about was eating breakfast and getting on with my day. It'll pass in a few hours.

[ this is a shorter chapter but i wanted to expand on how using his power affects him afterward , but also how he dismisses it like it's nothing even if he pushes past his limit. it takes a bit of a toll on his body but he pretends not to notice. sometimes during this there's like a little voice in his head saying " danger danger ! we're about to pass out! " but he pretty much ignores it. it's him telling himself that maybe he should think about his after affects but he has his priorities all outta line so. Italics are his thoughts , parts that weren't really what he wanted to be part of narration , like he doesn't even want to seem vulnerable to the reader.]