Chapter 6

Dakota's POV

She's been ignoring me this whole time, and acting like she doesn't care about me, just so that she won't fall for me?

This made absolutely no sense. I needed some answers - right now!

I barged in through the bathroom door.

"What's going on here?" I yelled, still unable to wrap my mind around it.

Crystal jumps in shock, as if she's just been caught cheating on a test. "W-What?"

"I said," I started. "What's going on here?"

She backed away from me. "I don't know what you're talking about."

I take a step forward. "Don't lie to me Blondie."

Andrew flinched. "Um, her name's actually Crys-"

"I don't care!" I snapped. "I heard your conversation through the door."

Crystal looked mortified. "Oh...really?"

I nodded.

"How much of it?"

"I dunno. That depends."

Andrew looked hesitant. "Did you...um...hear the part where she said Mia doesn't want to hate you as much as she doesn't want to like you? Since if she hates you, she'll ultimately fall for you?"

"Wait, what?" I bellowed, confused as hell. "When did she say that? That makes absolutely no sense!"

Blondie punched Andrew's shoulder. "How could you possibly tell him that? You and that big mouth of yours!"

Andrew glared at her. "I thought he heard what you - "

"Guys, you're not making any sense!" I interrupted, desperate for some answers. "You can't fall in love with someone you hate!"

"Yes you can!" Blondie insisted.

"No you can't!"

"Yes you can!"

"No you can't"

She sighed. "Don't you ever watch movies? Or read books?"

"Well, of course I watch movies!"

She cleared her throat. "Well, do you watch romantic movies?"

I scrunch my nose in disgust. "Ew, of course not."

Andrew giggled. "That's what I thought."

"Shut up Andrew," said Blondie.

I rolled my eyes. "You were saying?"

"Oh yeah." She seems to remember what she was gonna say to me. "Well, the male and female leads almost always hate/dislike each other at the beginning of the movie - it's not always love at first sight. However, over the course of the movie, they ultimately end up falling in love with each other."

This stumped me. "Wait, really?"

Blondie nodded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Their hate is what fuels their love for each other. It's why they have so much...so much of chemistry."

I continued to stare at her, not relating to a single thing she just said.

She must've got the memo, because she continued to explain it to me. "It's why they're so passionate about each other," she said. "They've actually liked each other the whole entire time, but just don't realize it until a certain point in the story."