Chapter 1:

Roxanne sat at her vanity, at the crack of dawn, feeling irritated. She never understood why anyone didn't want to trust her and when they did, it was reluctantly- it's never at her request which angered her. She held a lot of knowledge people did not know she had, especially for someone of her background, not just her ethnicity but her class. According to society, she was broke and worthless, struggling to pay her bills on time and living in harsh conditions, but she still managed in the end. Her family abandoned her, left her behind on purpose as they 'couldn't afford to look after another child' and that was when she was only 12 years old. Since then she has met various kinds of people, lived in different cities and has learnt so much things, most of it being illegal. Roxanne did not have a degree but she did have strength that has kept her going and she's not stopping until she believes nothing else is left to do.

The look of annoyance on her face switched as her belly growled signifying her hunger. 
"Greaaat"she sighed, knowing there's nothing edible in her little shack she called home.
Looking behind her, she saw her outfit for the day which consisted entirely of the colour black. She used her brush to fix her 18inch hair into a low ponytail and left her room to brush her teeth and use the shower. After freshening up and getting dressed, she calculated the likely events of the day in her head, thus caused her to dial her friends number known as 'Scar'.
Scar was a broad and tall guy, standing at 6ft 5 inches with tattoos all over his body, including his face where he had a deep scar from the corner of his eye to bottom corner of his chin- this alone made everyone fear him but if they knew what he got up to on a daily they would never want anything to do with him at all. Despite all this, Scar to Roxanne was cute as on the other side of his face displayed a deep dimple , he had plump lips and two gold teeth at the top and at the bottom , the whole row of teeth was gold. Whenever Roxanne was with him she felt safe especially as he had a muscular frame. 

"Yo" he said, bluntly with his deep raspy voice.
"Hey Scaarrrr"
"What do you want?"he replied impatiently 
"You know I love you yeahhh"
"Hmm"
"Don't interrupt me but umm I need a favour"
"L.o.l , what is it Roxx?"
"Can you bring me food?"
"Have you done the job though?"
"No, I'm too hungry to go anywhere, I'm dressed though"
"Alright I'll stop by but that needs to be done by 10pm tonight , really and truly it should have been done already but I told Boss to Lowe you"
"For fuck sake, that guy is annoying but thanks love , bring me a meal from the Jamaican shop"
"No"
"Fuck you mean no?"
Scar chuckled , a particular chuckle that automatically sent chills down Roxanne's spine, she quickly corrected her self.
"I meant pleaseeeee"
"Yeah, I'll see you in a bit"

With that Roxanne ended the phone call and thought about Boss. He always made her seem incapable to others in the group meanwhile she was pleasing his needs behind closed doors. They where somewhat in a relationship, but it was a secret. Roxanne being 16 when Boss found her , he couldn't help but feel attracted to the young beauty, he never forced her either, the mutual feelings caused them to be in the situation they were in now. Little did she know that he had a wife and kids on the other side of the city. Boss is currently 30 but looks like he could be 23, he only started having sexual interactions with Roxanne when she was 18 years old and they haven't stopped ever since.
This whole ordeal caused Roxanne to feel confused sometimes as she genuinely didn't know how to feel about Boss. Yes the sex was great but he barely did much to make her living conditions better nor did he check on her as much but this wasn't much of a problem to Roxanne as she has never really felt love before but she has definitely experienced pain, pain that she'll carry around with her until she's reached her grave.

Whilst waiting for Scar, Roxanne decided to tidy the little amount of furniture she owned and plugged in her electric heaters to warm the house up as it was midway through November and it was chilly in there. She covered her second hand love seat with a warm furry brown blanket and placed four cushions on it , two together on each side. Roxanne did not own a telly but she did own a kindle which she used to read and learn a few things as she hasn't been to school since her family left her on her own. Roxanne didn't mind though and was grateful to have a roof over her head and people like Scar in her life who were able to tend to her aids.

Reading a book about self perseverance, something clicked in her brain, she thought of a way to become someone great and defeat her enemies , even Boss, she knew how rich he was and as she has been a worker in his drug cartel for a while , she knew she only needed a bit more time to over come him. As she pondered about what she was aiming to achieve, the door croaked which caused her to pick up a baseball bat and wait to see who has entered her home. As the footsteps got closer , her heart rate increased and the grip on the bat became firmer, just then the aroma of hot cooked food invaded her nostrils. She relaxed and placed the bat back into its stand.

"Roxxxx, you miss me?" His voice boomed in the room which made her feel a type of way.

"Hey Scar, and of course I did , come here"

He stood opposite her with open arms and she jumped on him, kissing the scar on his face just before he put her down, giving her the food she had requested.
"Thanks" she said as she opened the container as a smile formed across her face, Scar watched as her eyes lit up as she ate her first spoon full.
"Have you eaten already?"she asked out of curiosity.
"Yeah of course, just hurry up and enjoy yours so I can drop you to your destination"
"I can take as long as I want cause I know where it is , I can make my own way there"
"No you don't"
"Yes I really do"
"You don't", she attempted to interrupt him but he hushed her quickly, "you don't , cause Boss changed it and it's kind of far , so I've been given orders to drop you there and by the time you're done, Boss would be waiting for you".
"For fuck sakes, why did he change it?"
"As I said earlier , it should've been done time ago".

Scar stared at Roxanne hard , whilst she munched away enjoying her meal, he knew there's something about her but he doesn't know what it is. He liked it though. It was a reason why he was able to spend a lot of time with her and have genuine feelings for her. Scar didn't like people and Roxanne was the only girl he was close to , besides his twin sister who lived in the USA, Atlanta to be precise.