Chapter XXXVII

"Oh, erm, Ivory, hey."

Ivory.

Even though I told him not to, it feels strangely uncomfortable to hear him call me anything else except from Jones.

I stand in the same spot giving him the most disappointed expression I can manage without bursting out in tears.

"Christopher, I don't think she wants to talk to you right now."

Christopher turns to Nick with a confused almost irritated look on his face.

"Sorry, who even are you, again, I came to talk to Ivory and..."

His voice starts to drift off in my ears, as I turn slightly dizzy.

How dare he?

How dare he act like he did and then come back here as if he's entitled to talk to me.

I don't even want to look at his face.

His face.

The face that I once thought was beautiful, now disgusts me.

"Well, I don't want to talk to you. So if you're not ordering then bye."

Just stay calm.

As in, don't slap or scream at him.

"Come on, Jone-Ivory."

The longer I stand here facing him, the more that the events of yesterday replay in my mind

"Come on? What does 'come on' mean Christopher?"

"I mean, please just listen, Everything that happened yesterday-"

"Listen? Listen? I'm the one who should listen? Christopher it seems that you won't listen to me because I clearly just said that I don't want to talk to you."

"I know, I know but I'm just trying to explain. Ivory, I don't know if I'll be able to talk to you or even explain this again."

I let out an aggravated sigh throwing my hands in the air.

"OoOh Christopher Evans. The Christopher Evans wants to explain something to me. How dare I forget that I, Ivory Jones, am experiencing the privilege of Christopher Evans mere presence. Take a picture, Nick, it lasts longer."

Nick takes a step in front of Christopher, sizing him up.

It doesn't work very well seeing as Christopher stands a good, few inches taller than Nick.

Christopher doesn't even look down at Nick, he just stares straight at me in a pleading manner.

"Hey, what are you doing? Move, I need to-"

"She just told you that she doesn't want to talk."

Christopher brings his attention back to Nick, giving him the foulest look of disgust that I've ever seen on his face, while taking a few steps backward.