Chapter 1 - An Overview of My Pathetic Life

This is basically the first draft, so there will be grammar and spelling error.
Anyway feel free to give me any criticism (not too harsh). Afterall I am a rookie in this writing world so plz point out any mistakes, speak out your mind and give me some honest opinions and thoughts about this story. That way I will learn and correct my mistakes. Hopefully one day I will be a great writer like many of you here.
After I complete this book, I will have it edited. Also published on Wattpad.
Comment/Like/Fan and let me know what you think! :)
Image credit - Pinterest abstract.desktopnexus.com

~Lexine~

"Lexine get your sorry soul right here right now!" My mother yelled from downstairs, loud enough for me to hear from the attic. I flinched at her sudden outburst and slowly made my way towards the lounge room. I was immediately greeted by a hard slap across my face. My whole face stung and I fought back the tears that were desperately trying to escape. Every morning my mother would find some excuses to yell at me. After getting up at 5:30 in the morning and making breakfast for everyone in the house, I really didn't need threats from my mother.
"How many times do I have to tell you that I only want one spoon of sugar in my tea?! Are you trying to mess with me Lexine?" She yelled at me and threw the hot tea at my chest, giving me a burning sensation. It hurts. It really does. Not only does it hurt physically but the emotionally as well. She started cursing some very hurtful words.
My own mother hates me. My own family, my own blood hates me. What could be worse than that? Imagine yourself in my shoe, how will you feel? More so, tell me how should how I feel? I don't know honestly.
The shop lady, the members of my pack and everyone around me hates me. But my own mother? How? Why? What mother treats their children this way? How is it possible to treat own child this way?

I wouldn't say the people of my pack are bad. They are really good, they take care of each other and they stick together during trouble and stuff. It's just when it comes to me, they become Satans sons. And I don't know why, not a clue.
I tried asking but no one gave me an answer.
"I-I am sorry mother I did put 1 spoon as you told me." I spoke softly, keeping my eyes glued to the floor. I knew I shouldn't have talked back because I was rewarded with another slap in my already reddened cheek. It's going to leave a terrible hand mark, maybe even a permanent scar, just like the ones I have on my back and shoulder.

"Don't you dare talk back at me you filthy bitch! You disgrace me! You are a shame to this pack. I am surprised that I gave birth to you!" She spat. "The moon goddess cursed me with a daughter like you. Now go clean up all the mess." She said with venom and left.

As soon as she left, I let the tears flow. But it did not matter. In a few days, I will be free. I will soon find my mate. In a few days and like every year, every 16 year old girls and 18 year old boys will be in a party or known as the "group gathering" and every eligible wolves from around are going to be there in search for their mates. I am really excited. I am sixteen; soon to be seventeen so I will be able go there to find my mate. Oh and since I will be seventeen soon, I will be able to shift on my birthday.

We are were-shifters.
I still have the wolf in me who appears every once in a while, I call her wolfy. Wolfy and I will be able to fully bind together on my seventeenth birthday. So for now, she can only appear once in a while.

Anyway the thing is I will be free and be loved by at least one person in this world. My mate. He is going to love me and take me away from this hell house that I am living in. The thought makes me smile. I couldn't wait. I am so excited for me and my wolfy.

I looked at the time on my wristwatch. Shoot! I am going to be late for school. School. *sigh* School is a place where I would rather not be in. I tugged my old gray knee length skirt in place and pushed my big glasses up which kept falling off of my nose. I won't need glasses when I shift. This is one of the power of being an wolf, most treatable and curable sickness or diseases would go away as soon someone completely become an wolf.
I grabbed my bag and left the house. I scanned the street. A cursing sound startled me. I turned to looked behind me and noticed that an old lady dropped her grocery bag. Foods scattered everywhere. I quickly ran and helped her pick up the stuff and shoved them back into the grocery bag. When I handed her the bag, she just looked at me like I was some kind of insect that didn't even belong in the street. Wow she really is rude. To me. Well aren't everyone? "Um Miss you owe me a thanks" I said politely but she just glared at me.
"Are you crazy little girl?" She shrieks and with another cold glare and left. Wow. I just helped her and what did I get in return? Why couldn't anyone appreciate me and my works, why are people so cold towards me? Rude woman. I stuck my tongue out behind her back.

"Hey loser! Have a nice walk!" Alex yelled as he drove past me in his red Ferrari. I could hear his friends snicker and threw some more insults at me. I took none by heart though. It just, happens every day and I am pretty much used to it. Apparently a single tear that fell down my cheek just proved me wrong.

Alexander Nathaniel Dawn or known as Alex. The soon to be Alpha of Silver Shadow Pack or also known as the Dawn Pack. He is the meanest of all and he hates me, a lot. Although I couldn't say the same about his parents. The current Alpha and Luna. They don't exactly hate me, nor do they like me. I wonder if they even know the way I am being treated every day. Probably not. They are sometimes kind towards me but they are barely at home to show any affection due to all the works and businesses they have to attend to. They went to Transylvania for some pack business meeting for 2 months. They are also under pressure with all the works that needed to be done before handing Alex the power of being an Alpha on his 18th birthday.

Like many men, Alex is also turning 18 on the day of the party to find his mate. The Silver Shadow pack consisted of 150 people, give or take. We pretty much live in this large neighborhood with basically not much human within 3 kilometers. The state we live in is small yet Silver Shadow is one of the biggest and powerful packs in the country.

The house I live in is huge and luxurious. It's the biggest house in the neighborhood (apart from my room for its small, dark, worn out wall and half stabled bed. And this room used to be a storage.) It's a 4 storey castle like house with more than 20 bedroom. Around 24-30 important people live in here. By important people, I mean Alpha, Beta, their families and more. Wondering how I get to live here? Well, my dad used to be the Beta of this pack until he was killed by some hunters.

I sighed as I started walking at a fast pace in order to reach school on time. I really could use a ride but I know I can't. No one would give me one. I don't have money to catch a bus either. I just have to walk 3 kilometers every day and I know by the time I reach school I will be half dead. I wouldn't blame anyone though. I am just lucky that I am able to go to school and get some education, even if I find school a hell of the earth. If it wasn't for Alpha Dawn (Alex's father) then I wouldn't be able to read or write let alone any education. I just couldn't be happier.

I sighed.

Dear readers, my name is Lexines Winheart, and this is my story. A

Don't forget to comment! I would love to hear from you :)