Chapter 5 - Life is a game

Kiara told me that she wanted to meet me on Friday when her friends are out partying

Kiara told me that she wanted to meet me on Friday when her friends are out partying. She also told me to stay back for dinner, if I could.

I said okay. Not that I was doing something productive anyway. I would have probably gone to the gym and practiced taekwondo to the point that I would faint from exhaustion and I would get carried to my bedroom and sleep. I still don't know who carries me to my bedroom, but this is not what I am supposed to be thinking about.

I was more confused about the fact that she didn't want her friends around when we were at her apartment. Weird.

I reach her apartment and it was very nicely put together, but there were some elements that looked off, like the way the Eiffel Tower was positioned and the misplaced things all over the apartment.

I also met with Alka, Kiara's maid and she is very sweet. She kept putting the things in the right way, but Kiara would just it back to her liking. I found that quite amusing.

"So, you wanted to talk?"

"Yeah..."

"About what?"

"About you."

"What about me?"

"That's what I don't understand, I mean...I don't know, there is something so mysterious about you that really intrigues me and when I tried talking to my friends, they all said the same thing."

"And what, exactly?"

"I should talk to you so that I can understand."

"Your friends have said the right thing. Whatever doubts, concerns, or just anything, you just have to know I'll be listening, and not just hearing."

"You know, I figured what was bothering me."

"And what was it?"

"You feel like as I have seen an older version of me."

"Because we are so similar to each other. And it does makes sense, in a weird way. Because the first time I had met you, I felt I was meeting with my younger self, not that I am not young anyway, but you know you get the point."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

"Who is he?"

"Who are you talking about?"

"The guy on your phone's wallpaper."

She means Jug.

"I told you, someone, special."

"But the way you said, it felt like you were missing him almost...as if..."

"As if?"

"I don't know. Something's off."

"So, you have called me to your apartment so that you can find out who is the guy from my phone's wallpaper? Be honest, Kiara."

"Yeah."

"What? I know I seem very approachable, which I am, but there are some sections of my life that I would rather keep personal and not public, so that means they stay with me."

"Why not telling it and make yourself free from the pain?"

"Kiara..., curiosity killed the cat." with a disapproving tone.

"And who told you that I am in pain?"

"I can see it in your eyes. He made you very happy, probably the happiest you've been in your entire life and..."

"And..?"

"And something happened which made you split up with each other. You are probably angry at him."

"No."

"No?"

"No, I am not angry at him. I am angry at the circumstances that we had, and the things that should have happened said, and done. But you know what makes me angrier and more upset: The things that I always wanted to say to him, the things that I wanted to do with him, and most importantly the things that I always wanted to say but never had the courage because I was afraid of the consequences."

"What did you want to say to him?"

"I love you. Just come back. I am sorry for hurting you, but I am not sorry for what I am going to do."

After, a long and awkward 10 mins, I decided that I needed to leave.

"Anyway, I should go now. "

"Madam, aap pehle khana khakar chale jaa na."

"Nahin Alka. Aaj nahin. Phir kabhi. Aur  Tum mujhe sirf Priya keheke bulaoge aur kuch nahin. Tumhari madam nahin hoon main."

"And another thing Kiara. We people like solving mysteries because we know the danger is contained and does not impact our lives. People like intrigue, search, enjoy, play, and wonder. It does not mean it won't bite you back in the ass. Be careful about what you choose to do, because it will have a consequence."

Then I left before I would start crying. Life is a game, and in this move, life was winning and I was losing.