first step. / 01₊

+

+

it is unusual for me to only takes around less than thirty minutes to drive from my apartment to my workplace because before i got transferred from Seoul Health Institute, it took almost one hour and that simultaneously means i need to wake up at 5am to get prepared.

i was very thankful when my superior decided to transfer me to this very own Neo Culture Mental Institute, it took them six months to granted my pardon but at least i can finally do a major breakthrough.

this would not just improve my working life but it gives me advantage over things i want to get rid real quick. i have been running around endlessly and it is time to take a break.

i have had enough.

i let out a long and deep breath, batting my eyelashes across the mirrior put a prideful smile on my lips—an advice i follow from my mom. they say it will raise a narcissist but it help me a lot in being confident.

“here we go!” i exclaimed, carefully getting out from the car and went straight to the building entrance.

as soon as i came in i was only greeted by a calm silence, footsteps and faint chattering echoing the building. you see, i am very used with a busy surrounding.

“good morning, may i help you?” the receptionist asked as i reach at the counter.

i placed a warm smile “good morning. i am the new transferred—”

the receptionist cut my sentence, “ah! wait a minute” she went through the files on her desk.

“doctor lee deiji?”

“yes, that's me” i reply and she nod.

she called out for her colleague who was sitting beside her, "can you show her to doctor seo's office? thank you."
.
.
.

"doctor?”

“come in”

we entered the room and a tall young man immediately greeted us from his seat. he wore a pastel brown turtleneck that matched his silver grey round glasses.

“this is the transferred psychiatrist from seoul”

“oh! alright. thanks lily” the man says as he gave her a thumbs up and with that, the woman left the room after bowing to us.

the sound of the door closed echoes the room, telling how big and spacious his workplace are.

"so doctor lee deiji, right? well, i'm seo johnny, the head doctors and founder of Neo Culture Mental Institute. you can call me by doctor or mister seo, i don't mind”

johnny extended his arms, shaking his hands with mine all while a grin never leave his face. he looked like a cheshire cat when he smile, the whiskers adds another extra sweetness.

“it's nice to meet you doctor seo”

“i was informed you are a psychotherapist, am i right?”

“yes, that's right”

johnny nodded his head before inviting me to sit at the sofa beside him. we talk for a few good minutes, getting to know with each other.

despite having to meet him by today i have already cracking up laughters from johnny's jokes. i definitely putting a bet that his humour is part of his charms and it is kind of a solace to me to know my superior is a “human” rather than a game npc because i was definitely anxious earlier.

“finding out—”

“john?”

there was a knock on the door and when it opened, a small head poked out through the space.

i could hear johnny sighed, “what do you want again, doyoung?” he sounded so annoyed that i was eager to know what was this all about.

the doyoung guy giggled before properly coming in to the room. he stand tall as he fixed his glasses, we both stared at him with anticipation.

“i heard that the new psychotherapist has arrived. where is she?”

johnny pointed at me, “doctor lee”

doyoung shifted his gaze to me, sheepish smile formed on his lips. “um, i'm very sorry. you don't look like a doctor i thought you are johnny's wife”

in all honesty do i look like someone's wife is another question but that was not the concern.

timid laughs escaped my lips. “you don't even know my wife? i thought you came to my wedding”

the amount of shock and annoyance blend well together on johnny's facial expression. he looked like a portrayal of someone that got betrayed.

“you were my best man—”

doyoung shushed johnny, “by the way, i'm kim doyoung, one of the psychiatrist here. it's really nice to meet you” he introduced himself as he turned to my direction. i replied back the smile and shook his hand, "i'm lee deiji. it's nice to meet you too, doctor kim."

"no no just call me doyoung. i'm more comfortable when people call me with my name”

"alright then” i paused “doyoung."

he gave me a longing smile that made him looked like a bunny which i shamelessly admitted was very adorable.

“stop it, doyoung. are you coming here to skip your work?“ johnny chirped in, his brows dented.

doyoung groaned slightly, “please stop interrupting will you”

i just sat in absolute silence, not knowing where to look at as they argue. it was amusing to my liking.

“whatever you say man” johnny surrendered “can you just get back to your place? i am having a discussion”

“alright, im going” doyoung rose up his hands, “looking forward to see you later doctor lee!”

doyoung did not lool back as he walked out of the room as if pretending he did not just argued with his superior. i am going to assume they are a good friends.

“i apologies if doyoung annoyed you doctor lee. he literally barged in”

i immediately shook my head, definitely not agree with johnny's statement “that is alright doctor seo. he is not being annoying, seriously. i find him very friendly”

“thank goodnes if you feel that way” said johnny and i let out a chuckle.

"now shall we start?”

< ༊*·˚- >

really bad boy is a whole bop ♯soty i don't make rules ❕