nightly. / 02₊

+

22:31pm

as careful and quiet possible deiji closed her apartment door. the living room were empty and neatly assorted like how she wanted, expected whenever sooyoung was there to take care of them.

the sudden light contrast when she flipped the switch hurt deiji's eyes, she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and found a note sticked on the front of it. it's from sooyoung, for sure because she always left a sticky note before she left.

sooyoung lives exactly next door and from the first day they moved in she was the one who greeted them with bucket of fruits-since then, the two ladies grow closer like sisters and sooyoung put deiji's little brothers as her own; perhaps being an only child basically sort out on why she loves taking care of these boys.

ʼjaemin refused to brush his teeth lol. brought them to buy groceries don't mind the snacksʼ
- sooyoungie.

small hiss from her nose escaped when deiji chuckle, she sticked the note back on the fridge before walking to her bedroom. her feets were very sore from the nonstop shuttle walking and nothing is needed more than to plop into the warmth of the bed.

“why do i feel so exhausted today”

only when she lay down on the softness of comfort half of the weight on the shoulder get lifted off from her, very pleasant.

< 10 new messages from +82-2-312-3495 >

she hasn't check on her phone for a while until now, and to see some of the notifications flooding on her bar sent from him was really frustratingly bitter.

ʼi'm not going to read his texts againʼ the phone plopped right on top of the end-table follow by an acid sigh laced with annoyance.

in spite of the frustration there was still a pounding curiosity playing at the back of her mind—in first case why would she even bothered to not block the number of a person who give her the countless reasons to ran away?

she's just always never know what hit her and donghyuck is always right.

staring at the ceiling; it is very empty and this is the time that she really hope someone would decorate her ceilings with spiral of paintings rather than the spacious gridlines.

why do we need to paint stars love? you are enough thousands stars for me- enough of that already.

blink. blink.

the void of darkness eventually consumed her vision as her consciousness slowly drifting off; in tick of seconds deiji fell asleep.
.
.
.

“good morning doctor lee!”

on the way to her office, deiji passed by doyoung with a one dollar note on his hand-looking a bit different to her eyes assuming that he must have cut his hairs a bit short.

even from the distance the smell of his floral sun cologne sneaked into her nose and it simultaneously hurts her head. she dislike the every smell of cologne and it's a shame she would have to think twice to be in a car with him, if they ever do.

“hey doyoung” she elapsed a long deep breath to release the smell fuming smell within her air path.

his eyes flickered behind the glasses, “morning deiji. i'm on my way to the vending do you want anything?”

the lady shook her head politely, “it's alright, thank you”

“perhaps a chocolate?”

“ah no, it's okay really, doyoung thank you”

the man keep on insisting despite having a one dollar note with him, eventually deiji refused for another time while simultaneously trying to walk away. it was either doyoung is way generous or he blandly forgot the money is not enough to buy another sweet.

l e e d e i j i.

her name on a new door sketch her a new start, it's the second time—but at least she was just tripping on a wrong time rather than flooding in a ocean that's already been dried.

a small symphony of goodness worth deiji's wait when she stepped inside her office; soft ocean blue base the wall, landscape view of seoul city from above will be really promising if she ever stay up late for work in the future.

her space is still a bit spacious but by the end of the week it will be filled with comfort decorations. “this is better”

in mid of her awe small knocked startle deiji, she saw doyoung's head pop out from the behind of the door almost like wriggling “hey there, can i come in?”

he just could not resist the urge to talk to deiji, from the first encounter doyoung has find himself badly recalling about the familiarity of deiji to someone. there's a sense of nostalgia to her, for him.

“of course” deiji laughs.

given that doyoung always express a wide reaction, it is no exception to see him getting very mesmerised with the view, almost as if he never saw the landscape before “you got a way more better view from me seriously deiji. i always knew this floor is the best”

deiji snickered seeing the visible jealousy plastering doyoung “that's not my fault”

the tall man crossed his arms and a small sound of hmph escape his mouth. his demeanour making deiji smile wider “i better get going or else i will camp in your office” he remind himself to head back to the door “—ah! forgot but i would like to accompany you for lunch later, will that be alright?”

a bit taken a back but she was not reluctant to accept, “aww sure! i would like to” the glimpse of her right side dimple flashed doyoung back to his thoughts “-was hoping you would ask honestly”

there's just something about her that makes me feel a glimpse of dejavú and maybe this approach shall be good as the starter.

< ༊*·˚- >