2: Party Crasher

"A what?" Stiles asked. "A werejaguar?"

"Yes, a werejaguar," Deaton replied.

"How is that even possible? How does a werewolf make a werejaguar?"

"The same way a werewolf makes a kanima," Derek said.

"What is with you two making non-werewolves? Is it a Hale thing?"

Derek and Peter glared at Stiles.

"I haven't seen the 'I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully' look from Derek for a while. Kinda missed it."

"Stiles?"

"Hmm?"

"Shut up."

"And the sour wolf is back."

"I'm with Derek on this," Peter added. "Shut up."

Kira and Malia were looking completely lost at this point.

"You two have no idea who we're talking about, do you?" Stiles asked.

"Nope," Malia answered.

"Kate Argent is Chris' sister," Derek started to explain.

"And Derek's psychotic ex-girlfriend who set a fire that burned eight people to death," Peter chimed in. Derek looked like he was ready to set fire to Peter again.

Scott's eyebrows shot up. "Ex-girlfriend? You two dated?"

Derek avoided the question. Obviously, Stiles had kept that secret. Derek didn't know how Stiles knew about his relationship with Kate, but it seemed that he had never mentioned it to Scott. "Long story short, she murdered most of our family by setting fire to our house and making it look like an electrical short. The Argents, at the time, had a code of hunting only adult werewolves that they had undeniable proof of them killing a human. Kate threw that away when she set that fire and tried to kill me several times over the next six years."

"You dated a werewolf hunter?" Malia asked.

"So did I," Scott added. "And you didn't answer my question."

"Yes, we dated," Derek sighed, seeing that Scott wasn't going to drop the subject. "A long time ago. Kate used me to get to my family. Peter killed her by ripping out her throat. At least we thought she was dead."

"I don't get it," Kira said. "If Peter killed her, how did she become a jaguar?"

"The shape you take reflects the person you are," Derek and Scott said at the same time. Malia looked amused.

"Okay, that's not unnerving at all," Peter said. "You two have spent way too much time around one another."

Deaton smiled. "But they are correct. Peter was also an Alpha at the time as well. Only Alphas can make new werewolves. This can be achieved by a bite or a deep enough scratch."

"What about the rainwater from a werewolf's footprint?" Stiles asked.

"Where did you hear that load of crap?" Peter asked.

"That answers that."

"The scratch obviously didn't kill her," Scott said.

"Then who is buried in her grave?" Lydia asked the question they were all thinking.

"That sounds like a job for the Banshee," Peter stated.

"I'm not digging up a body."

"You don't have to, sweetheart." He gave her one of his smiles. "All you have to do is listen."