13: Miracle

Isabel was leaning against the wall watching Deaton work.

"How many times was the electricity used on him?" Scott asked.

"I'm not sure," Isabel answered. "Several times from what I could hear. She only hit him with it once when we were in the room together."

"What did Kate want with both of you?" Stilinski asked.

"Vincent convinced her that he would get the Calaveras off her back. I think he told her he'd kill them for her."

"Will he?" Chris asked.

Isabel shook her head. "He never keeps his word. And he doesn't give second chances. Kate is as good as dead to him now. You saw what they did to Jared and the other wolf that escaped from Derek."

"Were the other murders, the kid and Martin Williams, were they killed by Vincent?" Stilinski asked.

"Or all five."

"You knew all this time?" Scott asked.

"I suspected but I wasn't sure. It wasn't until one of the wolves told Jared that someone wanted me alive after they caught me that I realized that Vincent sent Romero and his pack after me. Hunters killed Romero and Derek killed three of his pack. The Valkyrie did the rest."

"Why did the Valkyrie want Derek?"

"They didn't. Kate took it on herself to take him too. She probably figured he'd track me down anyway. I think she wanted Derek's Alpha."

"You knew he was a werewolf?"

"I knew you were too. From the moment I met you. Both of you. I just wasn't sure which one of you was the Alpha." Isabel looked at Scott. "I realized it was you when you made Jared back down with just your stance and voice."

"She's good," Stiles said.

"I also know Stiles is the only one in your pack that is human."

"Do I just give off the 'I'm completely human' vibe?"

"You just don't give off the 'I'm a supernatural' vibe. Sensing another supernatural is one of my talents. Werewolves, kitsunes, and coyotes I can sense right away. Others it takes time to figure out."

"I don't know what you did, Isabel," Deaton suddenly said. "But it worked."

Isabel gave a breath of relief.

"What exactly did you do?" Scott asked.

"My blood has a healing property to it. I've done it with countless humans, but it's the first time I did it to a wolf. I wasn't even sure if it would even work."

"But you did it anyway," Kira said. Isabel nodded.

"Risk and reward," Scott said, remembering what Coach Finstock had once said in economics class.

Isabel looked at Scott. "I hoped the reward outweighed the risk. I risked that it wouldn't work in hopes that it would."

"What are you?" Chris asked.

Isabel looked at Derek. The dagger wound already looked smaller now that his healing process had finally triggered. "I was going to tell him the night that Kate took us. I promised him when we got out of that I would tell him the truth."

"All of you don't need to be in here watching Derek heal," Deaton said. "Everyone but Scott and Isabel, go wait in the waiting room."

Stilinski chuckled. "You heard the doc. Let's go."

~~~

Parrish was standing outside, leaning against Stilinski's car.