4: Supernatural

Isabel's mouth dropped open. "They killed him?"

Scott nodded. "You don't need the details, but did Romero have friends?"

"Plenty. Wait, how did you know his name?"

"My best friend is the son of the sheriff, remember?" Stiles must have overheard his father.

"He hung out with about five other guys. They all scare me. I only saw one at the party. Do you think they went after that poor kid because of what happened to Romero?"

"The cops don't know yet. Look, if you would like me to, I can follow you home tonight and make sure you get home safe."

Isabel smiled. "That's sweet of you. Are you planning on protecting me from them?"

"If I have to."

"You're a good kid, Scott. Your heart's in the right place, but if they killed that boy for throwing that party, they'll tear you apart to get to me if they think I had something to do with it."

"Why?"

"Romero was...," she paused, trying to think of a way to explain that Romero was a werewolf without straight out saying he was one, although she wondered if his Alpha knew he was even in Beacon Hills. "You're familiar with the way a wolf pack works, right?" Isabel mentally facepalmed. Of all the examples she could have used, she used the wolf.

Scott looked slightly amused. "Very." She heard the amusement in his voice.

"Romero was like the alpha. His buddies were the betas and omegas. They followed him and did whatever he wanted them to do."

Scott nodded. "I think I understand."

"If they do decide I was involved I would hate to see you caught in the crossfire and hurt. Or Derek again. But thanks for the offer."

She left the clinic, reaching into her purse for her keys. The last thing she wanted was to see the teenager hurt in a domestic dispute between herself and Romero's pack. As she reached her Mustang, she caught sight of one of the pack members' reflection in the window. She gasped and spun around.

"Hello, Isabel," he said.

"I didn't have anything to do with it, Jared."

"I don't care. Romero went after you and was caught by Hunters."

Isabel slowly started to back away from him.

"His obsession with finding you caused his death. Don't think I don't know about why he was here to begin with." Jared's claws came out and he grabbed Isabel by the throat, forcing her back into the wall of the clinic. She dropped her keys and purse and grabbed his wrist as he did so, feeling the pressure of his claws at the back of her neck. "I know how you are being tracked by someone else. That's the reason he's dead. Because of you."

"He's dead because he attacked a Hunter. Now let go of me."

Jared listened to Isabel's now steady heartbeat. She wasn't afraid of him. He was a bit disappointed. "Give me a good reason I don't just rip your throat out. I told him to forget about you."

"Let. Go. Of. Me. Now." Isabel's voice darkened and her eyes began to glow a medium blue.

Jared's grip loosened slightly and he had a look of surprise on his face. "So you're not just some whimpering human pawn."

"Unless you want to share in the same fate as Romero, you should forget about what Vincent offered you. He won't keep his side of the bargain."

"How do I know you're not lying?"