The Story Begins

I could only sigh in embarrassment at the dress that was forced on me by my friends. All of the girls in the group (with yasu's input) selected the dress and locked me in a room with it until I put it on.

 All of the girls in the group (with yasu's input) selected the dress and locked me in a room with it until I put it on

"You look so cute Mai!" Madoka encouraged. I whined in embarrassment. "I look like a villager in a play..." "Well then, you're a cute villager." Ayako said. 

And so I was dragged to the mansion where our little celebration would be taking place. Of course all the others were already there. They all seemed shocked by my new outfit, along with Masako and Madoka's new outfits. Just a new kimono and a similarly fashioned dress to make me feel better. Soon after things got riled up and we broke out the food and drinks.

I sat up Slowly from the bed. Bed? "How did I get here? When did I go to sleep...?" "Well Mai, good to see you've woken up. Now we can play my game." I jumped out of the bed and looked towards the voice. It was... a man in a black cloak? He had a dark aura around him, and I could make out the bottom of his face, which wore a grin. "Who are you?!" "Quiet. We wouldn't want your friends getting worried considering what will happen next. Everyone in this building is now part of my game, and you are the lead role. That means-" "Mai?" A knock came from the door, before opening. John smiled at me. "Oh, good. You're awake. You got really tired out so we decided to let you nap for a bit." I blinked and glanced back where the shadow would be, only to find him gone. "...Right. Well! I'm much more energetic now! I guess I got tired out from dress shopping earlier." I happily exited the room. "Let's go rejoin the others. I'm sure they would be happy to have us again." John nodded in agreement. 

I glanced at the broken clock. One of the hands was missing, so all I knew was it was some time at 3 am. On the bright side I didn't have to look for the minute hand. On the dark side it was lodged in Lin's throat. "Wha- How?!" I squeaked as the reality of the situation set in. A dark chuckle drew my attention to a familiar figure who appeared by the clock. "I believe we were interrupted last time." The cloaked figure snatched the hour hand  and sat at the edge of Lin's warm puddle of blood. "I don't think we will have that problem now. The door's locked and the rest are more than occupied." I sucked in a deep breath at his words. "What-"  He dipped the hour hand into the blood and pulled out a piece of paper, writing with bright red blood. "You see, I've been searching for an ending I can be satisfied with for a long time. You have peaked my interest in that crusade." I don't like the sound of that. "The rules of the game are simple, you shall repeat this night from the moment you woke up in that room. Someone must spill blood every night so I can wright the ending, and once I'm done, there must be enough blood in one place for me to submerge the page in blood. You could say it's my way of finalizing it. Once the page is completely covered in blood the night will start over. This game will go on as long as I want it to, but once I release you the day will restart again, but this time you can go on peacefully in your life as if nothing happened." The shadow stood up and grinned at me. "I wonder how you will perform, Mai Taniyama. After all, you're up next to face the monster referred to as 'it'" I stared in horror, not even registering the banging on the living room door, or even of it being busted open. I watched as the man dropped the paper on the growing puddle of thick blood. "Mai?! What happened?!" The entire team was in the doorway. This time the shadow didn't even bother to leave. The paper soaked in the blood. I could only twist my body to look at their terrified faces with tears brimming in my own eyes. "I'm so sorry...You have to suffer with me too." I apologized as they began passing out. I was the last one to fall asleep.

And so began my long nights of pain.