7 Minutes In Heaven With Anthony Parker Chapter 4

I had begged Clarisse to take us out to the nearby starbucks to get some coffee and to get away from that bad boy hottie, Michael.

"So do you still like him?" Clarisse asked with a sly smile.

"I-I don't know... When I looked at him, I kind of felt all these feelings come back again, even though I convinced myself that I'm so over him... But it turns out there's still some feelings... And then there's this other guy, Anthony, remember?" I said looking down as I took small sips of my mocha frappe with extra whip cream.

"Yeah, so who do you like more?" Clarisse asked.

"I don't know... But so far I'm sticking with Anthony, I don't want to be humiliated like before..." I trailed off.

"Well, whoever you choose, just know I'll be cheering you on, okay!" she smiled brightly at me.

"How about you and Zeke?" I asked.

"We're good..." she blushed as she smiled to herself.

"Oh my gosh! What happened?" I asked.

"Well after our date, he gave me this beautiful necklace," she reaches a little inside her shirt and gently pull out a necklace with a beautiful ruby in the shape of a heart dangling on a silver chain. I gasp as I look at the beautiful jewel.

"That's so wonderful!" I squealed with a huge smile.

"Yeah, I cried tears of joy when he finally let me look at the beautiful gift, this is something I will treasure for a lifetime," she said as she looked at the necklace with immense fondness.

"I'm so happy for you!" I smiled.

I watched as she gently tucked it back in and couldn't help but feel a little jealous. I wish I could have a boyfriend as loving as hers.

"Hey isn't that Victoria Yuri?" Clarisse said with a frown.

I glanced out the window and saw Victoria slamming the door shut with pure anger as tears seeped out of her eyes. She was smart to get smear - proof mascara.

"What do you think happened?" I whispered, even though I knew she couldn't hear us.

"I bet it was a break up, you know how Victoria is," Clarisse said with a sigh. The 3 of us used to be so close until Victoria started changing to fit in with the popular kids and treated us like crap.

"Yeah, she's kind of a skank now..." I said with a frown that matched Clarisse's from before.

"But isn't that Anthony?" Clarisse asked.

I immediately looked out and see Victoria in the embrace of a man, Anthony. He lied to me! I felt anger stir in my chest and can't help but feel betrayed, what did she mean to him?

I immediately stood up to head out the door when Clarisse told me to stop and watched them. I quietly sit back down and watched as the things unfolded. Anthony whispered something in her ear, she nodded in response and he led her away. It was funny how he had appeared at the right moment... Did she text him? I felt even more enraged as I saw her cling onto him. I felt like screaming that he was my man, but we barely knew each other... Plus they seemed pretty close... I felt completely stupid for falling for a guy I barely knew.

"Why don't we leave?" Clarisse asked noticing my discomfort.

"Yeah let's go," I pick up my bag and follow after Clarisse. My head only muddled with the thoughts of Anthony and Victoria, what relationship did they have together? Should I forget him? No, maybe I should just try to get to know him better...

"About Anthony..." Clarisse trailed off sneaking a glance at me as we headed to her car.

"I'm more determined to get him now!" I smiled.

"That's good, I was hoping that Victoria didn't affect you too much." Clarisse said with relief.

"Yeah, anyways I was wondering if you want to go shopping?" I asked, shopping was something I did to relieve stress.

"Sure, I need to find more cute clothes for my date with Zeke on Saturday anyways," Clarisse said with a beaming smile.

"Ooooh, let me help out too!" I said excitedly as I slipped into her car.

"Yeah, it's been a long time since we went to the mall together!"

After shopping, my spirits were high again, and I dismissed the whole part about Victoria and Anthony, but it did linger in the far corner of my head. It did bother me though, maybe I could call him or something...

I headed to my room thinking about how I should ask Anthony about Victoria, or if I should just ignore the entire topic.

I debated about wether or not to ask him... If I asked him, I would sound like some clingy stalker... If I didn't I would go crazy!

I decided to call him, maybe I might be able to see if he's lying or not. He picked up after the second ring, "Hello?"

"Hey Anthony!" I greeted.

"Oh hey _____!" he greeted cheerfully.

"So what have you been up to lately? I actually saw you outside of Starbucks, and with Victoria Yuri..." I trailed off anticipating his reply.

"Oh, you saw her..." Anthony lets out an agitated sigh.

I didn't reply back, and he took that as his signal to start explaining.

"The relationship between Victoria and I are simply platonic, nothing is going on."

He was lying, why else would he claim to not know her in our recent conversation? I guess I was stupid to get attracted to a guy I had just met.

"You're lying." Silence follows.

"She claimed to have been dating you in school and you suddenly show up for her after she's a wreck. Tell me that isn't suspicious."

"Fine, I'll tell you, promise not to tell anybody though, but the relationship between Victoria and I is that of a slave and master... She owns me, and my family." he confessed.

"Ohh..." I replied dryly, I had just forced out an important secret out of him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No it's okay, you were curious," he interrupted. An awkward silence follows.

Who would've expected this development?

"Is it okay if I ask how did this happen?"

There's a long silence, and I was tempted to just hang up, but then he abruptly speaks.

"We're in debt." At that very moment I had the urge to go and give him all the money he needed. Hell even rob the bank for him!

"I'm going to help you!" And with that I end our conversation and quickly get to work trying to find a better job than all of the ones I'm currently working as.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

Well sorry for making you guys wait so long for this chapter! I'm not even sure if there's any of you who still read this anymore!