meeting the parents (part 1)

Jiyong and the rest of the members were in Japan for some promo tour, TV show shoot and a couple of advertisements shoots too. You decided to stay in Seoul since you didn't feel well when they were leaving for Osaka. You were suffering a bad flu and thought it'd be best to stay back home rather than following Jiyong around Japan with his super hectic schedule. You didn't want to become a bother.

It's been around 3 weeks since they left but they're coming home this Friday, in 3 days. You were excited, you missed having him around your apartment, or at night when the two of you decide to stay in and just watch Korean dramas. It's been pretty lonely without him and you couldn't wait to have him back.

Your phone rang, breaking your train of thoughts. It was your Mom calling.

"Mom?" You picked up the phone.

"Hi honey, how have you been?"

"I've been good. The flu has gone away, and Jiyong's coming home this week."

She giggled at the mention of Jiyong's name, "My sweet child, I'm glad he's coming to Seoul this week. So are we."

You were nodding your head and you realized what she had said. "So are we?"

"Yep!" She cheered, "We're coming to Seoul this week! We're so excited to finally meet your fine man!"

You have the best relationship with your parents. You are a daddy's girl and you would tell your mother everything. But here's the thing; you just started dating Jiyong for roughly six months. Would he be okay with meeting your parents this early on your relationship? You didn't want him to think you're rushing him with anything. You've met Jiyong's sister briefly, and his parents once at an award show . But Jiyong never really introduced you as his girlfriend, and you understood why since the two of you just started dating.

What are you supposed to do now? Should you tell your parents that Jiyo-

"Honey?" Your mom spoke up, probably wondering why you were so silent.

"Ah, sorry, Mother," you nervously chuckled, "I was cooking something and I just had to stir it once again." Totally a blatant lie. "So, you and dad are coming this weekend? That's great," you blurted out.

"Yes, honey! We are! Well, I just wanted to let you know, maybe we could grab brunch this Saturday?

"We as in-" You were trying to clarify if it was just brunch with your parents or if it was your parents and Jiyong.

"We as in your dad, you, Jiyong and I of course!" She squealed with so much delight, you felt bad telling her no.

"Alright, Mother. I will gladly  tell him that," you answered her with obvious hesitation.

"Oh! Your dad's calling me. We're going out tonight to watch a new movie playing in the cinema."

You sighed to yourself, "Have fun the two of you. Love you, Ma." 

"Love you, hun! Missing you a lot," she said as she hung up the phone.

Your mind's a big mess. Jiyong had plans to go out on a date this Saturday with you. Should you tell him that you made plans with your girl friends, instead? 

Play sick? Oh God no, if you said you were sick, he'd totally decide to come over and baby sit your whiny sick lying ass; that'd just become a bigger mess. 

Say you're not in the mood to go out on a date and you wanted to stay at home? He'd totally come over and stay at home with you.

My God.