𝕻𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖊

┌─────────────────┐

━━━━━━

Weeks had passed since the city was left to burn. 
When they had arrived to the safe island, Melody was in awe. This is what she wanted the outside world to look like and it was everything she had dreamed.

Thomas was immediately taken care of while Teresa had asked permission to use a little bit more of Melody's blood to make sure Newt was properly cured and Melody had allowed it.

Minho and Melody spent some quality time together, even telling Newt about the memory that had him in it which brought the three closer together. 

Melody was sitting on the beach by herself, enjoying the sounds of the waves and the warm feeling of the sun. She had missed this. The smell of freedom and the feeling of no longer being suffocated. 

From afar Minho and Newt stood by their tent, creepily watching the girl as the air blew her hair majestically. Minho glanced up at his best mate and let out a cackle. Newt looked at him and sighed.

"What is it Minho" He said in a monotone.

"You like my sister don't you?" Minho suggested with the wiggle of his eyebrows. Newt rolled his eyes and just looked back at Melody who was now chatting with one of the younger survivors.

"It's alright mate. Out of all the dudes here, I'd rather her be with you" Minho absentmindedly stated which earn a weird look from Newt.

"She likes you too you know" Minho said.

"And how would you know" Newt questioned.

"I'm her brother. Of course I would know" Minho proudly reasoned and Newt scoffed.

"You just found out you were her brother how many weeks ago" 

"He's right Newt" the voice of Teresa chimed in. The two boys were still trying to warm up to Teresa, especially Minho who still held a grudge against her.

"What?" 

"I took care of Melody so I had read all her files. WICKED kept record on everybody's  relationships with each other, that's how I knew Minho was her brother" Teresa began, the boys not exactly sure where she was going with this topic.

Teresa sighed when she saw their confusion.

"I also saw the relationship she shared with you Newt" 

"And?" Minho was interested.

"You two were together" Teresa finished and Newt had spat out his tea that he was drinking. This made Minho laugh guffaw. 

"W-wait! are you saying Melody and I-" 

"Yes Newt, you two were together as in dating" Teresa tried her best to stifle her giggles.

"Oh! I need to tell Melody this! Melody!" Minho shouted and Newt shouted his complaints.

Melody heard their bickering and grinned at the sight. She began walking towards them when a familiar figure was seen walking through the little village.

"Minho! Newt!" she ran up to them. They both looked down at her before following where her eyes stared.

The two friends stared at their third friend and while walking up to him, they all grouped together to share a hug.

When they pulled apart, Thomas saw Melody smiling right at him.

"Welcome back sleeping beauty" She joked before giving him a warm embrace.

"Glad to be back" Thomas replied while ruffling the girls head. He seemed to have remembered something as he examined his surroundings.

"She went back inside her tent" Newt said, knowing exactly what the boy was thinking.

"She's been visiting you everyday" Melody added as she pointed at Teresa's tent.

Thomas pat his friends back before approaching the tent and engineering.

"I bet she'll cry in the first ten seconds" Melody smirked and Frypan who she had befriended on her first day there shook his head.

"I bet in the first five" He challenged.

"Nah I reckon she would start crying as soon as she sees him" Brenda stated and they all laughed.

└──────────────────┘