𝕱𝖗𝖊𝖊

┌─────────────────┐

━━━━━━━

More weeks passed and everybody was finally settled in to this new life.
Melody was able to get Minho on good terms with Teresa again.  

Newt and Melody had also gotten extremely close. Melody had grown very comfortable with the blonde and she had this strong feeling for him which had been completely foreign to her.

She had asked Brenda and Teresa about this odd feeling and the two girls had giggled at Melody's innocence before explaining that she had fallen in love with him.
So for the next few days she had always turned pink and became flustered around Newt who seemed to notice.

"Melody? Can I ask you something?" Newt asked as he stood on the sand beside her.

"Of course"

"Why have you been avoiding me all day?" He looked at her and watched as she turned as red as a tomato.

"Uh- Well- You see..." Melody stuttered furiously as she tried to think of an excuse.

"Just kiss already!" Someone called out, making the two laugh.

"Shut up Minho!" Melody hissed.

"Love you too sis!" Minho sassed and Melody groaned, lowering her head shyly.

Newt chuckled at the two and glanced down at Melody. Placing his fingers under her chin, he lifted her head so he could clearly see her face. He took in every feature of her face, from her heart-shaped lips, to her little button nose and then to her large doll-like eyes that blinked innocently at him.

"Can I do something Melody?" Newt asked permission and despite her confusion she nodded.

He bent down to her height,pressing his forehead against hers as he runs his thumb over the corner of her lips. Sharing one last glance, he placed his lips on hers. Melody's entire body froze for a second, her mind not registering the fact that Newt was kissing her until she had finally gave in and kissed back.

When the two pulled away, foreheads still leaning against each other, they let out little laughs.

The moment was interrupted as two people tackled Newt to the sand and someone hugged Melody.

"You owe us two meals now boys" Teresa giggled as she pulled away from Melody and sat down on the beach.

"I told you, you liked her" Minho cackled as he got off of Newt and also sat on the beach.

"Did you guys really make a bet on us?" Melody questioned and they all nodded.

"Bloody great friends you are" Newt scoffed as he sat beside Melody was had Minho on the other side of her.

"You love us" Minho nudged Melody who just chuckled.

So there they were, Thomas, Teresa, Minho, Melody, an Newt, all sitting on the yellow sand, watching as the sun began to set. The smell of the ocean breeze filled their noses and the warmth of the sun kissing their skin.

Melody laid her head on Newt's shoulder as she intertwined her hand with Minho's.

In this moment they were happy and in this moment they knew...

They were finally free.

└─────────────────┘