𝕳𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖔𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

┌─────────────────┐

━━━━━━

After they shared a group hug, they started moving again after Thomas had stated that a girl named Brenda would be picking them up. They ran until they saw the entrance and when they looked up, the spotted a huge helicopter lowering itself.

"Okay that's them! That's them we've got to go!" Gally called over the loud sounds around them.

"You guys go! I have to go back in!" Thomas stated which got them all to turn back.

"What the hell is wrong with you? We have to get going!" Newt shouted.

"I know! Just go with Brenda! I'll meet you there!" Thomas explained before turning and taking off in a run. The four were left to stare at each other, groaning and entering the helicopter.

"He's gone mental" Newt muttered as they hopped on the helicopter.

Inside the helicopter were many other kids who were most likely victims of WICKED's experiments.

"Who is she?" Brenda quizzed, staring at Melody with a daring look.

"Long story short, Brenda, Melody, my sister. Melody, Brenda" Minho did the quick introduction and Brenda gave the girl a small handshake.

"Where's Thomas" She asked.

"He went back inside" Minho replied.

"Why?" 

"Probably for Teresa" Gally suggested.

"Ugh! Jorge we've got to go back! Thomas isn't here!" Brenda called out to the helicopter driver.

The helicopter made a sharp turned headed straight back for the WICKED building that was now up in flames. Jorge got as close as he could to the burning building as the rooftop door opened up.

"Thomas!" The friends all shouted as Thomas was seen slung over Teresa's shoulders. She struggled to carry Thomas' weight as she got closer to the helicopter. When finally getting closer enough, she stood there.

"Get closer!" Teresa yelled and Jorge got the copter just a bit closer. Vince  hung half his body out of the copter, reaching out as Teresa used whatever strength left to push Thomas forward. Vince and Minho caught him and dragged him into the helicopter.

Melody who had been watching the entire situation noticed Teresa wasn't trying to save herself. When she had first met Teresa, she was polite to her and talked to her as if she wasn't some lab rat, but as a human. Teresa had been the first and only person to actually tell her about her past and even if some of the people in this helicopter didn't like her, she owed this to her.

With her fast thinking, Melody searched the helicopter. She found a rope and quickly tied it around her waist and then tied it around one of the seats. Melody slid herself to the edge and reached down for Teresa.

"Grab on!" Melody called out. Minho and Newt sat up in a flash when hearing her voice.

Teresa stood there frozen and Melody began to get scared for her.

"Teresa! Grab on-!" Melody saw the building collapse beneath the girls feet. So without a second thought, she threw herself out of the helicopter and reached out as far as she could.  

"Melody!" Newt and Minho jumped out of their seats and tightly gripped the rope she was tied too.

"I've got you!" Teresa's wrist had Melody's hand wrapped around it. Melody grabbed onto Teresa's other hand as the boys began slowly pulling them back up. When they were close enough to the helicopter, Vince tugged them in, closing the helicopter entrance.

The two were left breathless, Melody hearing her heartbeat thumping in her ears.

"Are you crazy! you could've died!" Minho scolded his sister as he engulfed her in a tight hug.

Teresa stared at the girl, eyes filled with disbelief.

"W-why...Why did you save me?" Teresa breathed out the question. Everyone observed the two.

"You were the first person to treat me like an actual human and without you...I wouldn't have known I had family" Melody whispered in her soft tone. There was silence until Gally started shouting. 

"Thomas! Thomas don't die on us mate!" They all gathered around him.

His eyes were slowly closing and everyone began panicking.

"Thomas!"

└─────────────────┘