Chapter 6

Hey guys! Time for another update!!!

I'm so sorry that my update schedule is so inconsistent. I'm just really busy with school and exams, so I update whenever I have some spare time.

Ashton is planning something, and he's seemed like an asshole till now to most of you. So before he executes this little plan of his, I wanted y'all to know the whole reason why he's even doing it. Get ready for a huge flashback!

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

***

Ashton

Whenever I thought about that day, it made me feel angrier at Hazel than I already was. The worst thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies, rather from the people you trusted the most.

Tears rolled down my face as I struggled to comprehend how my own mother could have done this to me. How she could leave me, her son and her husband for another man. I was so confused, but also angry. Angry at that woman for leaving me alone. Now the only person I could trust was Hazel. My best friend.

I cried myself to sleep, finding some relief in the fact that Hazel would still be there for me, that I could still talk to her.

My mood wasn't any better the next morning. I hadn't been this sad in my entire life. My eyes were still filled with tears threatening to spill out, but I held them in.

As I walked into the school campus, I was still thinking about my mom. The more I thought about her, the more I was filled with disappointment. I wiped a single tear that had rolled down my eye with the back of my hand. I saw Hazel standing in front of the park with her friends.

She was the most popular girl at school and had a lot of friends. Currently, around six to seven people were standing around her, all of them talking and laughing animatedly. I had to talk to her, now. I made my way to her, and as soon as her friends saw me approaching they started pointing and me and giggling.

Hazel and I never talked in school. Outside of school, we were best friends, but in school, I was the most unpopular kid and she was the most popular one. She'd told me to never approach her in school, or else her reputation would be at risk. It was silly, but I went along with it. Today, however, her friends and her reputation could go to hell. I just had to talk to her once.

As I walked up to Hazel, she gave me a glare. She didn't want to be seen with me, and that hurt, but what I was going through right now was way worse. One of the girls started to laugh at me.

"Look at him Hazel, doesn't he just always follow you around like a lost puppy?" she laughed. I ignored her.

"Hazel," I said, my attention only on her, "I need to talk to you."

One of her friends spoke again, "Why don't you just leave her alone? Why do you keep following her everywhere?"

I gave her a glare, but she only laughed. I turned my attention back to Hazel.

"Please Hazel, this is important," I pleaded.

"Go away, puppy. Shoo!" the other girl said again, "She isn't interested in you and your problems. Are you, Hazel?"

"N-no, of course not," she stammered at first, but then started speaking like her usual bold self, "Why do you keep following me? I thought I told you stay away from me."

I knew she was putting up her usual act for her friends, but I didn't care this time. I opened my mouth to speak again, but she didn't let me.

"Why do you always come whining to me about your problems? I. am. not. interested."

My patience was decreasing, and I spoke urgently, "Hazel, please can you just come with me for a minute. It'll only take a minute."

"No. I don't care about your mommy problems. You need to handle it yourself. Now shoo," she waved me away.

I couldn't handle it anymore. I knew if she heard what had happened, she would drop the act and come to my side.

"Hazel, my mom left me. She's gone," I whispered sadly.

"So what should I do, huh? It's not my problem, it's yours," she said, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It felt like a stab to my chest.

"Hazel, did you hear what I said-" I attempted again, but she cut me off yet again.

"I heard you. Your mom left you and went. Congratulations! Bye now."

All her friends started to laugh and point at me. I couldn't believe that the girl I had considered to be my best friend was putting her reputation above me. I thought I could trust her, but this just proved me terribly wrong. I felt weak, I felt helpless as I walked away from them.

I was still in disbelief over how two of the most important people, most important women in my life could both leave me alone in a span of two days. That's when it hit me. Women.

Women couldn't be trusted. They would make you believe that they cared about you and then leave you alone, just like both my mother and Hazel had done. I decided that no matter what, I would never trust a woman again.

There was no more hesitation. I made the decision to move to London for my higher studies, just as my father had been advising me to do all this while. I couldn't waste another moment of my life over someone who didn't give a damn about me.

The plane tickets were quickly booked, and I was to leave later that evening.

When I was settled into the cab and ready to leave for the airport, I saw Hazel running towards my cab, waving frantically for me to stop. Part of me wanted to get out of the cab and run to her, but I knew better.

"Let's go," I said to the cab driver and he nodded, starting the car and zooming away. In the rearview mirror, I could see Hazel still running behind the car, but eventually, we turned away and she was no longer in sight.

This would be a new start for me.

That's all for this chapter guys! I know it's a little short, but it was necessary for y'all to know why Ashton behaves like such an asshole around her.

Both these characters have their flaws, and no one is perfect. Ashton's experiences have led him to believe that women are trustworthy, and no one has yet proven him wrong. Don't hate him for thinking this way, its just his mindset, which with time can be changed.

Hazel, on the other hand was young and immature, and at that age, a lot of teenagers are very concerned about their 'reputation' and 'popularity'. It's normal. She was wrong to push him away and humiliate him in front of everyone, but she does immensely regret and wants to make amends.

I repeat, no one is perfect.

Sorry for that long A/N, just wanted to get that out there.

Tell me what you feel. Do you hate Hazel for doing this to him? Do you think that Ashton is still an asshole? Tell me everything😆😆

LOVE Y'ALL AND SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER❤️️❤️️

Until next time❤️️