12 Days of Christmas

Summary: Pre-JW: Have you ever wondered what happened in Jurassic World that there was not a single Christmas decoration up when the first movie takes place?

Prompt sent via Twitter: Claire and Owen team up to mess with Jurassic World's Christmas decorations.

*******************

Claire knew it was that time of the year she dreaded the most because of Simon Masrani's constant memos. She didn't have anything against the holiday itself, she just had something against the unnecessary need to start the 'Christmas Spirit' almost three months in advance.

The redhead always pushed Decoration Time as far back as she could. The previous year, her boss hadn't been able to pay his monthly visit in November so she had managed to keep Jurassic World Christmas-free until the second week of December.

She didn't have such luck this time around. She was standing at the helipad, the sun shining bright and warm above Isla Nublar, making it impossible to tell it was supposed to be winter.

The ends of the skirt she was wearing were lightly flapping to the side, as the helicopter carrying her boss around the island carefully landed.

"Mr. Masrani." Claire greeted him with a nod before she could lead him down and into the park. His visit was marking the first day of Christmas at Jurassic World, a season that wouldn't make it past twelve days this time around.

"Where is my Christmas tree, Claire?" The CEO wondered the moment they reached the heart of the park and not a single Christmas decoration was in sight.

The operations manager sighed and rolled her eyes while still standing behind him, "Well this year we decided to do something a little different, sir." She walked him over to the side and pointed at a small fern on the ground. "And went with a Christmas fern!" She grinned. The green plant had a few Christmas lights around it and small Christmas balls.

"We are planning on making it a whole attraction, put a BIG Christmassy sign here and have people take photos with it." She explained, "we discussed having a few compys for the photo sessions, but legals advised against it." She smirked. "I heard these are very popular in Japan."

"Didn't you get my memo?" Simon raised an eyebrow. Claire knew he wouldn't agree with any of that, but it was more of a cheap excuse as to why his park hadn't had Santa elves thrown all over it.

"I did, sir."

"I want a big fat Christmas tree!" He exclaimed. "I want it up this afternoon, Claire! It's already mid November, we don't want our guest satisfaction to drop due to our lack of Christmas spirit!"

"Actually, sir—"

"No excuses, Claire. I want this done today. We will invite every guest to come gather around the tree to watch it light up!"

"Yes, sir." She nodded and pulling her iPhone out, she e-mailed her maintenance manager so he could bring the Christmas decorations out and get his team working on setting them up.

****

Simon's deadline was impossible to meet, and so it took more than a couple of days for her personnel to hang green pine garlands from one end to the other and have Christmas lights twinkling around trees and ferns.

Simon hadn't minded that it had taken more than a few hours, as he saw the maintenance staff working hard on it ever since he had given the instruction.

By the fourth day of Christmas time in Jurassic World, the big fat tree the boss had required was already standing in Main Street and Christmas carols played through the speakers around the island, including on the ferries and monorail.