일~☆

"Jaein-ah! Get up or you'll be late!"

The brunette awoke with a slight jolt, her narrowed eyes scanning around her room. "Late...?" She questioned wearily, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

"Don't tell me you forgot, Jaein-ah! Your new job?" Jaein's mom stood at her door with a basket of laundry leaning against her hip. She had a natural beauty about her, and not a single grey hair laid in her flowing black hair despite her getting up there in age.

"Oh yeah...that's right!" Jaein mused, sitting upwards. She had been waiting on this day for quite some time now, anxiously albeit. "How could I have forgot."

"Ah, I'm so proud of my baby girl...all grown up." Her mother sat down on her bed. "You're lucky the Jeon's even accepted your job application. Apparently hundreds applied for that single job, and out of all of those people, they chose my sweet daughter." She smiled from ear to ear, pride fuelling her joyful expression. "If only your father could see you, he would be over the moon..." Her smile turned more bittersweet.

"I know mom...I miss him too." Jaein replied, placing a hand on her mom's shoulder. "But, I don't understand. It's just a cleaning job, not a big deal. I applied for dozens of jobs, so it was just luck that they replied first." She tried to brush it off as nothing, but her mother wouldn't stand for it.

"No, no, no. This is more than just a cleaning job. This is an opportunity to serve one of the most important families in all of Asia! What an honourable title~" The older woman cooed. "Besides, have you seen their manor? You get to live there, and you don't even have to pay rent!" She clasped her hands together with delight.

"I'm seriously having my doubts...I bet you that whenever I get there, it'll be all posh and fancy. I mean, what part of me is posh and fancy?" She pouted, folding her arms in a pensive manner. "And the other servants, what if they're all posh and fancy too? Where's the fun in that?"

"Your mind will change once you get there, you'll see it's not so bad. Besides, you're there to work, not have fun." Her mom rolled her eyes, but soon flashed an iconic motherly smile, standing up and picking up the laundry basket. "Now hurry, there's a car coming at 9am sharp and if you're not out there to meet it, then you can kiss your job goodbye~" She chirped in a sing-song manner, before slipping out of the room.

Jaein yawned, glancing over at the clock. "I really am going to be late!" She exclaimed, rolling out of her bed and scrambling to the bathroom to get ready.

~

Jaein finally came downstairs for breakfast.

She was wearing a cream coloured oversized sweatshirt, tucked into a pair of distressed mom jeans. To top it all off, she was wearing her favourite pair of baby pink converse.

She was greeted by her mother standing with her arms folded and an 'Are you kidding me?' expression on her face. Luckily, her mom's 'boyfriend' hadn't came back after his nigh of drinking last night.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" Jaein questioned, rubbing at her cheeks which in turn caused them to appear slightly red.

   Her mom simply shook her head. "Don't you think you should be wearing something a little more formal?" She questioned. "First impressions count, you know."

   "Relax, I already have the job. They're not gonna fire me just because I dress causally." Jaein replied, grinning as she took a bite of a slice of toast.

   Before she could finish it, a car pulled up outside. Jaein glanced at her mother with wide eyes to which she replied by ushering her to the door.