- 25 -

[ marla's POV ]
"hey mckenzie can you come over real quick? i need help with my chores," i lie to her. "yeah sure i'll be over in 5," she says before hanging up.

i throw my phone on the bed and walk to the kitchen. i get a glass of water, the doorbell suddenly rings.

it has to be jonah.

i walk to the door and opened it, "hey jonah!" i say letting him in. "what's up," he says.

"your house is extremely huge," he says looking around in awe. i laugh at him, "everyone says it's super huge but it's really not," i say closing the door behind me.

"mckenzie is on her way, i had to lie to her to get her over here since she's so nervous to see you," i say walking toward the couch sitting down. "it's all good, i'm just so excited to see her," jonah says sitting next to me.

a couple minutes later the doorbell rings again, i go up to answer it and it's mckenzie. "hi bestie," i say smiling at her. "hi marley," she says jokingly, i roll my eyes and let her in.

she takes a few steps in the house before seeing jonah, she then runs upstairs to my room and i hear the door slam from downstairs. "what the hell," jonah says laughing a little.

"oh my gosh i'm sorry, she's such a noob," i say to jonah before running upstairs to get mckenzie. "cmon mckenzie stop being shy," i say to her from outside of my room.

"no, he's probably gonna think i'm ugly or something," she yells to me. i sigh, "mckenzie no he's not he's been talking about you non stop today," i say to her.

"if i come out and talk to jonah you have to talk to zach," she says. "whatever," i say to her, "deal?" she says.

"fine, deal." i say.

she opens the room door and smiles at me coming out. we walk back downstairs and jonah turns around and smiles at mckenzie.

"you're even more beautiful in person," he says to mckenzie. she blushes a little, "you're so.. tall," she says making jonah laugh.

"j'adore tes cheveux," jonah says to her which i don't know what it means but i think it's a compliment.

"is that french?" mckenzie asks him and he nods. "it means i love your hair," he says smiling and i laugh.

"wow you're quite the lady's man jonah," i say to him, "duh," he says flipping his imaginary hair which makes mckenzie and i laugh.