39

AUTHOR

"Can I tell you something?"

~

"Sure."

"You know.. after all these weeks.. I started developing feelings for you.." Hyunjin said, totally forgetting about Jihee's sickness.

"Hyunji-"

"You're probably still mad at me when you told me about how you felt about me, that day. But.. will you be mine?"

'You wanted this.."

"Y-yes!" she answered with enthusiasm.

'You brought this to yourself..'

~

"Princess!" Hyunjin went over to Jihee and kissed her lips.

"Hyunjin.. I think we should break up.." Jihee said which caught Hyunjin shocked.

"Wha- Why?!" tears started building up Hyunjin's eyes.

"I-I just think we need to keep our distance. Have you forgotten about my sickness? I only have a few weeks left to live. I can't risk anyone close to me getting hurt.. Hyunjin.. I love you.. but please.. I don't want to hurt you more than you're hurt now. Please leave.."

"Jihee... No.. Please.. Let me spend this time with you.."

The whole day, Hyunjin tried convincing Jihee not to do this to him.

"Are you sure you want to go through this alone?!"

"Yes. I do! I do want to go through this alone."

"Alright.. Goodbye.. Lee Jihee... I wish you all my luck." Hyunjin closed the door behind him.

He leaned on the closed door, slowly sliding down as his hands were getting tangled in his hair. Tears were sliding down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry.." 

Jihee sat on the bed as she watched Hyunjin leave the room. As soon as he left, she burst out crying.

"Why is life so hard..? I never asked for this."

"I'm so sorry.."

Jihee was suffering even more. Without Hyunjin by her side, she had no one. Hyunjin was the one that made her smile from ear to ear. Jihee felt empty.. incomplete. Jiyun and the others tried their best to cheer her up but noting worked.

"Can you guys just please leave me alone?!"

"Jihee.."

"Please.. I need time alone.."

"Alrighty.."

"Oh- Okay.."

"Bye, sis.. Love you.."

~

"You only have 24 hours left.. I'm sorry.."

~